prologue

My money was thin, I didn't have more than 15 dollars to my name and If I didn't get this job today I would be homeless. My power had been shut off a month ago and I had no hot water, I could barely afford food, I needed money.

"Icaura Ray." A woman called. "Mrs Germanotta is waiting for you."

"Thanks." I smiled, following her down the long hall into an office.

The room was larger than average, about the size of a living room. The wall across from the door adorned a large window looking out onto the city. The others held bookshelves and a sofa, a comfortable work space.

"Mrs, Gremanotta, this is Mrs, Ray." The secretary spoke as I entered the room.

"Ahh, yes, Icauara. Please take a seat. Mrs Hither can you close the door behind you."

I walked over, sitting nervously in the chair across from her desk. the door shutting audible in the quiet space.

"To be honest with you Mrs, Ray the position has already been filled." She stated simply, gazing at me from across the desk.

"I- Im sorry Im waisting your time then." I spoke quickly, gathering my emotions internally. Fuck, im gonna lose my apartment.

Her heels clicked along the tiled floor, her thump and forefinger capturing my chin, forcing me to look at her.

"Why do you suspect I brought you here if the position has been filled?" She cocked her eyebrow.

"I'm not sure Mrs." I spoke quickly.

"Icaura, I saw your profile, your incredibly talented and know what your doing In the sales industry. But your Aura-" she paused to chuckle. "Is much greater than that. I already did a background check and saw your clean record and your facebook did reveal some things to me as well."

I gulped, my hands shaking as my nervousness rose. "What did you see-" I squeaked.

"Your family, photo's of your pets, and that your single as well as your attracted to women. Im not going to lie to you Icaura, I am extremely attracted to you. I brought you in here to see if you wanted to make a deal, there would be a contract of course and everything for your safety and mine would be put into place. But if your willing I'd like to arrange a relationship. I would pay you and spoil you in return for other human needs I may be having."

My heart raced, my throat going dry. "Like a sugar mommy?"

"Precisely." She smiled, almost praising my connections.

I wasn't gonna lie, I was very attracted to her, I needed the money, and everything over all sounded peachy.

"Where do I sign?" I asked.

Her grin widened, walking over to her desk drawer and pulling out a thick document.

"Icaura just to make this clear I don't intend to treat you like a toy I can throw around, you have boundaries and it is important to me that I respect them." She spoke seriously as she handed me a pen and the document. "Feel free to take your time and read it over."

And so I did. I took the better part of twenty minutes to read it, the basic overview then leading into the rules, highlighted sections about how my behaviour must be when we are outside of private quarter's, the fact I would be moving in with her and in her presence more often than not. It sounded almost dream like, a fantasy that was in my hands. I gazed up at her, she was watching me intently. Her green eyes showing just how sharp her mind was. I looked back down, signing my name and date in the required places and handing it back to her.

"This won't be a mistake." She smiled, neatly scribing her name on the black line.

I was now hers.