2: Getting Cozy

A month had passed, our lives melding together smoothly with Stefani's time off of work and my willingness to her submissive. Things progressed slowly, rules and routine becoming a staple. I enjoyed it. The safety, the lack of chaos, it was comforting.

Throughout the day I had felt a little off, my stomach deciding to not agree with dinner had me queasy and pangs of nausea hit every couple of minutes.

"Stefi." I groaned, sitting across from her on the couch.

"Yes, Darling?" She looked up from her phone, her eyes scanning my face intently.

"I don't feel very well." I sighed, my body sunk into the couch, the cushions cradling my sore muscles.

She gently climbed closer to me, laying her hand on my forehead.

"You are warm." She hummed, gazing into my eyes, a hint of worry lingered in her voice.

"I- I know my bedtime is 11, but would it be okay if I went to bed now?" I asked a little worriedly.

In my month of being here, I had never broken a rule, nor had I asked to break one.

"Aura."

"Yeah?" My response came out as a shakey breath.

"Honey, remember my rules? Talk to me when you aren't feeling well, okay? You will never be punished for needing to take care of yourself." She spoke gently, caressing my cheek.

I melted into her touch, sighing softly as my eyes flickered closed.

"C'mon, I'll take you to bed." She spoke gently.

I grasped her hand softly, enjoying her warmth and the calm sense of tranquility that surrounded her. I tripped slightly while ascending the stairs, Stefani's hands steadying me quickly, her eyes worried.

She laid me down, tucking me in gently. Kissing my shoulders and head gently to show soft signs of affection. She placed a voice monitor on my desk to keep an eye on me.

"Sleep well, my Aura." She whispered, softly closing the door.

"Night, Stefani." I mumbled, falling asleep almost immediately.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I awoke to a pang of nausea, jumping out of bed and sprinting to the bathroom. My stomach emptied into the sink, my body shaking violently and my head spinning. A cold sweat started to form all over me, but my body felt as if I were overheating.

The door creaked open, and Stefani's hands flew to my hair, pushing back the short brunette blonde strands. I felt gross, sore, and unsteady. I needed help.

"Shhh, I've got you. Alright, Darling?" Her arms wrapped around my waist, her hands smoothing up and down my back. "I'm gonna call my doctor tomorrow if you arent getting better, okay?"

Her hands were gentle, her voice ever so soft.

I nodded weakly, clinging to her as tightly as I could.

"Stefi." I sniffled, starting to cry as my bodies discomfort spreads through bones, aching and burning. "It hurts so bad."

I pull away, embarrassed with my weakness. I harshly wiped away my tears, trying to pull myself together.

"Shhh, Darling, it's okay, you can cry if you need to." She hummed, gently caressing my arm.

I bit my lip, clenching my eyes shut as more tears fell. "Fuck, I'm sorry."

"Shhhh." She hushed me gently, pulling me into her chest. "You don't feel well. Believe me, I cry a ton when I'm not feeling great."

"B-but you have chronic pain, I don't." I sniffled.

"Does matter the circumstances, all that matters is you're letting your emotions out in a healthy way."

"I-I'm gonna be sick again." I turn away from her, my stomach letting up any of its contents.

Her hands smoothed over my back and continued to hold my hair for the next half hour.

I groaned, leaning against the cold tile wall. My head spinning. I had sweat through my shirt and was quite sticky.

"Hey, Darling, let's get you into bed." She spoke softly, lifting me into her arms.

I clung to her weakly, allowing her to lay me down. She crawled in beside me, gently brushing my hair back, placing gentle kissed atop my head, causing me to quickly fall asleep.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I woke to an empty bed, the sky was bright blue. I lifted myself, groaning at my sore muscles. My head was pounding, but my stomach seemed to have settled.

I heard two quiet knocks before Stefani opened the door. "Hey you."

"Hey." I swallowed, my throat dry.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, sitting on the edge of the bed, her hand finding its spot on my lower leg.

"A little sore, but better than last night." I whispered.

She nodded. "Are you hungry? Thirsty?"

"I could use some water." I smiled softly.

She helped me out of bed, wrapping her arms around me tightly.

"I'm okay, I promise." I whispered, letting my face fall into her neck, hugging her with as much strength I could muster.

I felt her hands grip me a little tighter, her face finding its spot in my hair. "Okay." She whispered back, her breath soft and warm against my ear.

She held my hand as we decended the stairs, her kitchen full of many of her staff members, easily she blended back into her busy schedule.

I sat on a bar stool on the other side of the room, taking slow sips from a tall glass of ice water. Stefani every so often would saunter over to me, her hands finding my hands, my neck or my hair, her need for physical touch welcomed. Her warmth seeping into me helped heal my achyness.

I was safe with her. Always safe with her.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I spent the next few days sleeping, slowly regaining my strength.

"Hey." She smiled, entering the house.

She immediately wrapped her arms around me, her lips finding mine.

"How was your day?" I asked, pausing with her hair.

"Insufferable, I hate that you weren't there." She mumbled, her constant kisses starting up and trailing down my neck. "It's getting harder to leave you."

I groaned a little, my need for more slowly growing.

She kissed a spot on my neck, causing me to shiver, a moan leaving my throat.

I felt her smirk against my neck. "Are you needy, Bunny?"

"Oh fuck say it again, that sounds so good." I say, tangling my hands in her hair.

"What? Bunny?" She smirked at the groan that left me.

I kiss her, feeling her take control and shove her tongue in my mouth. I moaned softly, straddling her on the couch.

"Tell me baby, what do you want?" She teased.

I let out a frustrated breath of air, blushing into her neck.

"Please ..."