𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟔

. . . . . ╰──╮♚╭──╯ . . . . .

She shot open her eyes when the sound of the wind hitting the windows met her ears

She shot open her eyes when the sound of the wind hitting the windows met her ears. Her eyes scanned every corner of the room.

"Shall I bring you dinner, madam?" An unfamiliar voice made Aera flinch. A middle-aged woman was standing holding a towel.

"No. Where am I?" she questioned. Her voice did not show the fear she was going through. Without answering the question, the woman closed the door.

  Rude.

The bedroom looked like the one of a princess. "Am I in a set of a movie? AMAZING!" she exclaimed. A smile plastered on her face. "But I don't want to be here."

 A set has an exit. Maybe it is the closet in the corner? Maybe the door? 

She headed to the door with silent, slow steps. The girl then held onto the gold doorknob.

The door is locked. Good job, clever nanny.

She peeked out of the window. Horses were grazing. Soldiers were marching. 

"Done with your observation, Miss Park?" 

"You must be the-oh. Nice outfit!" she hopped in excitement. 

"Thank you for your compliment. I personally prefer this attire of mine-" The tall man smiled.

 But was later interrupted by someone else.

"Cannot do anything seriously, can you Hoseok? Leave for the garden, I will join you all later." Another man with vintage attire said.

 He shot daggers at Aera, who was waving at him with a smile. 

"I will head straight away." Hoseok spoke and exited the room.

"Have a seat please."The stranger indicated Aera to sit on the chair, which she eventually did. 

"I am Namjoon. The prince of Aekasa."

 Her eyes widened after hearing the name.

 "Pardon..?" 

"My name is Namjoon, the prince of Aekasa." 

It was the same name that was referred to in the antique book she read in the library. Why does this all have a meaning?

"Have you heard anything I spoke?" Namjoon slightly shouted. "Sorry."

The surroundings felt absurd, so were the words that were coming out of Namjoon's mouth.

 "To continue from where I left off-"

"Apologies to disturb your talks, sir. Majesty called for you in the throne hall." The maid bowed slightly. 

It felt absurd in a world where people would not even greet each other. 

"I will be there."

He glared at the girl and thundered, "Do not try to run away. And...don't even think jumping out of the window."

He finally left.