After the Drinks

Teja tried calling him for the 26th time. She dialled his number and put the phone on speaker while she changed out of her shoot clothes. She was finally done for the day and was packing up. After the stupid article, he had called her and told her what they had published. She had immediately issued a clarification and also tweeted a post in support of him.

But he was tired of defending himself and wanted some time to himself. She had controlled herself for one hour by not calling him. But after that she couldn't take it anymore and started calling him in every gap she got between the shoot. He didn't answer. She went on twitter to see he had deleted his tweet and his reply to hers. People had also tweeted about how he unliked some posts against her.

Panic started rising in her. Why did he like them in the first place? Does he think this is her fault? Does he still not trust her? She sat down on the chair looking at her phone. Is that why he's not picking up? He thinks she did this? She saw that she had called him 26 times without answer. She decided to call one more time. Before she could press dial, her phone started ringing.

"Sunny" the phone read and she picked it up in the first ring.

"Ladoo are you okay? Why did you call so many times? Where are you? Did something happen?"

"I'm... okay. Are you? Why didn't you pick up?" she asked him breathing in relief.

"I had a couple of beers. Or more. I went off to sleep and my phone was outside the bedroom. You know? Soundproof. I just woke up. Where are you?". Teja  noticed he still sounded sloshed. It hurt her that people are sending him so much negativity.

"I'm at the shoot. We are just packing up. Where should I meet you?"

"Jessica came back. She has invited us for dinner. I'll send you the address?"

She agreed and cut the call. She quickly changed into something comfortable and left to meet him. As usual withdrawals were hitting her and she wanted to be with him as soon as possible. She asked her driver to hurry and sent him a message that she's was on her way. She went Instagram to post some articles there as well and checked for new TejRan clips. A few made her smile and a few made her nostalgic.

Soon there were pulling into the property and she got out of the car at the apartment complex entrance. He was waiting for her leaning on a wall and she ran to him. People watching would find them cheesy but she didn't care. She crashed into him and he caught her in a tight hug. They held each other just getting their fill of each other and soothing their withdrawals.

She tightened her arms around him telling him how much she missed him that day.

He buried his face in her neck breathing in her scent, kissing it, telling her how much he needed her.

After a lifetime, they stepped away from each other and Teja looked into his bloodshot eyes. "Sunny, how much did you drink today? You look terrible." He chuckled in answer and put his arms around her directing her inside. "I drank enough to calm myself down. So many people sent me and tagged me in so many things today. Good and bad. About myself. About you. My head started spinning but I couldn't stop watching or reading. I got so angry at myself, at you and the media. I had to calm myself down and only you can do that. But I didn't want to disturb you. So I had a few drinks and a good sleep. I'm okay now. Come on" 

She put her arms around his waist, partially as support because he was dragging his feet. He took her to a door which led to the staircase. She looked at him questioningly "It's just a couple of floors and you have to go to the other side of the building for the lifts". She nodded and told him about her day as they climbed. They reached the second floor and he pushed her towards a door and turned on his camera.