After the Separation

Teja finally stirred from her sleep and turned towards Karan, who was looking at her with a fondness so pure she felt immense calm. She loved waking up with him. It was rare that they get to spend the night together outside the BB house. Today was one such rare day. She smiled at him and moved towards him, giving him a quick peck on his chin. He caught her when she tried to move away and pulled her in for a deeper kiss. Once he had his fill of her, he tucked her in his arms hiding her from the world. 

The thing he liked most about them was the comfortable silences they shared. They didn't words to talk. Their touches and eye contacts spoke more than any words mankind has ever invented. Her smiles told him so much more than her words ever did. He has realized that this is precious, she is precious long back. He handled her as someone would handle a child and at the same time he got mad at her like he had never been mad at anyone in his life before. There were no neutral emotions with her. Everything was extreme. The love, the hate, the care and by god the intensity. But all it always takes is one hug from her and his anger disappears and he is left feeling like a fool for his actions. He is learning so much from her and at the same time teaching her so much. 

His phone rang cutting into his train of thoughts and he reached over to his bedside table to pick it up. Teja got annoyed at the movement and being the baby she is, proceeded to bite his arms to show her annoyance. He yelped in pain and caught her cheeks with his free hand, pushing her away just enough so that she can't bite him again. She struggled against his hands while he checked his phone. Her size was truly funny to him sometimes and he laughed at her trying to pry his hands away. He finally released her and she whined, "You liked it when I bit you yesterday. What happened now?" 

He chuckled at her childishness and sighed, he had to remind her now. "Baby, you realize I have to go to Udaipur today? And you are getting late for your shoot. We should start getting ready" 

Her smile disappeared and her face fell,  he was afraid of exactly this when he signed the event. He had asked her before he signed it and then she tried to be brave saying it's just one night. But now that he was actually going, reality hit her and she was lost. To anyone looking from the outside this might seem like an over reaction but the truth was the girl needed Karan every day and the one time they got late to meet each other, she started getting withdrawals and she literally went into pain. When Karan finally got to her she was a mess, with teary eyes, messy hair and a scared face. It had scared Karan, sure he had also missed her badly and kept calling her and rushed to meet her but her state scared him and somehow made his heart so full. It had taken him a full half hour to calm her down. 

She told him about how restless she got in the shoot, even with the calls and how she ran to her car and rushed to meet him and about the pain she felt. When she spoke of the pain, Karan's mind imagined losing her and he knew what she was talking about. They just held each other and slept that night. Now he knew she was thinking about that day. If they can't go fourteen hours without seeing each other, how will they survive a day? He put his arms around her shoulder and rubbed it. "Baby, it's just one day. Do you not want me to go?" he asked her. 

"No, you should go. This is silly. I am silly. You're an actor. Of course you have to go to places all over. I can't.. I won't ever stop you from doing your stuff. I'll be okay. Mine's anyway going to be a 24 hour shoot. So, I'll be occupied. You have a good trip. Kill the event" she ended her not so convincing speech with a kiss to his cheeks and proceeded to the washroom to get ready. Soon they were both ready to leave and Om was there to take Karan to the airport and Parvez was there to take her to the shoot. She had been silent since their convo in the bedroom and when it was finally time to leave, she pulled him by his shirt for a hug. It surprised him since it was always him pulling her at random places and time. He enveloped her in his arms and they just stood there trying to get a fill of each other for the long hours coming up. They finally broke apart when Omi reminded them that Teja was late to the shoot.