After the Shoot

Karan stirred from his sleep, stretching his hands and his back. Afternoon naps were the best, especially when you sleep after spending the entire night and morning with your girlfriend. And if your girlfriend is Tejasswi Prakash, who has the energy of a five year old child, then you definitely need an afternoon nap to recover from that. 

Karan smiled as he remembered how she had thrown a tantrum that morning because he had eaten the last of the dark chocolate that she had hidden in his fridge. She had locked herself in his cupboard and refused to come out threatening to spoil his clothes. He had to pretend to call a certain aunty to make her come out. The Dangal that followed that was one to be remembered for ages.  He lazed around the house texting her and setting up his own meetings for the evening. Om sent him a list of offers that he had received and Karan went over it. The list made him feel extremely proud. Half of it were projects for the both of them and the other half his individual project offers. This is proof of how good he was and how good they were in the show. 

Teja texted him to let him know that her shoot was going to be till at least 1 am that day and he sighed reading it. She was being overworked and it was taking a toll on her. She was tired and exhausted most of the time. He wanted to kidnap her away to a holiday somewhere but this is her time to shine and the results were showing in the TRPs. He replied asking her to take care and to eat and keep drinking water. He finally got ready and left for his first meeting of the day. 

It was three hours later when he was finally stepping out of his last meeting that his mother called him. 

"Haa Mumma, kaise ho?" 

"Mei achi hu Sunny, tu kaise ho? Kidhar hu?" 

"Achi hai mumma, mei baahar hu. Meeting ke liye aayi" 

"Sunny, tune dekha? Teju kitne ache dikrahi hai". 

"Kithe, mumma? Aap Naagin dekh rahi ho?" 

"Haa, laal lehenga un par acha lagta hai" 

Karan paused. Red Lehenga? Today? "Mumma, mene abhi tak dekha nahi. Mei aap ko kal call karunga"

Karan went on instagram as soon as he cut the call and saw that Teja had posted a story, in a RED LEHENGA reminding people to watch Naagin, without mentioning Naagin. He shook his head at her. But his mind was fixed on the dress she was wearing. He could only see parts of it in the story. He checked his tagged section. Someone would have definitely tagged if she was caught in a bridal lehenga. He wasn't disappointed. He was tagged in almost over a thousand posts of her in that god damn lehenga. 

Who gave her permission to look like that? Every time someone had mentioned marriage to him or them, his mind would immediately draw up images of her in red. But nothing his mind came up with compared to what the reality was. And she wasn't even wearing the accessories. What would become of him if she came in front of him in the full avatar? He would definitely faint because that's what he felt like doing now. He asked his driver to take him to the Naagin set. He went through all the photos on the way there and by the time they reached there, he was ready to elope with her the very same night. 

He knew people were surprised by the change Teja had brought in him, but the person most surprised was him. He had never cared about any of these stuff. He didn't even look at any of his sisters' lehengas when they got married, nor when his friends got married. But here he is looking at her picture, zooming in thinking about what should be changed to make it better, thinking about what jewels he should gift her to go with it, thinking about how he would one day take it off her after their wedding was her. He stopped his thoughts from going in that dangerous road and luckily for him they reached the set and he went to her vanity, his blood pumping fast in his veins. He felt like a schoolboy visiting his crush without anyone knowing.