Chapter 7

The room was pitch black, you'd have to use a light to even see anything in there. So of course you and Ethan turned on the lights you had with your small flashlights. Inside the room, you'd have to guess it was pretty much a child's room, further search revealed more of that mold all over the place as you and Ethan continued onwards.

'In three years it's gotten this bad? Oh god...does anyone know about this?' You thought.

In another room, the entire place was covered in mold, but that's not exactly what got you...it was much too quiet around there and no sight of the molded did either of you see just yet. Which to you meant that something must either be watching you or waiting on your next move in some part of this area of the house.

"It's too quiet." You whispered.
"Yeah...I don't know if I like it or not." Ethan whispered back.

Not too long after that however there was the sound of something falling, quickly pointing your guns up it was just two baby dolls that fell, pushing forwards Ethan read a note that stated something wrong with someone he wasn't sure who but either way he had to ignore that for now and continue to find the cure with his wife so he could get her home safely.

Entering the third room, however, didn't go well at first since once inside and walking a few feet their flashlights began to flicker then for the moment went out until they heard a young girl's voice.

"Stay away." She warned.

You froze for a moment as you realized the little girl was nearby, you weren't exactly afraid of it since even if you didn't have your memories just yet but your mind and body seemed to remember your training and all you've been through up until now. Though the only mind block you had were those memories you had over the years of your career.

Not long after the little girl's voice, your flashlights were back on, this had Ethan place a hand on your back and give it a comforting pat, you smiled to yourself since Ethan wouldn't be able to see it yet. Ahh, it was just like him to be worried about how you were or anything about you.

He's such a kind and wonderful husband...

"Let's keep moving." You whispered.
"Alright." Ethan agreed.

Walking forwards again you and Ethan carefully turned the corner and looked down the small hall that lead to a door, further in the room revealed that there was a bed. Now, this puzzled you a little bit...why was there a bed here in the middle of the room wherein another room was a child's room? Well either way you didn't have time to question it since the Bakers who were still alive could be anywhere.

And honestly, you weren't wanting to stick around to see how Lucas would react when he realizes you had escaped. That man was a crazy lunatic!

Looking more around the place it was revealed that there was a small entryway into the wall, both you and Ethan crawled your way through where Ethan quickly realized that this must've been that 'alter' that Margarette was so damn protective of considering there was the D-Series Arm.

"Aww shit...it's the D-Series Arm," Ethan commented.
"The what now?" You asked.
"In order to cure you and Zoe, we'll need the D-Series Head and Arm," Ethan explained.
"Fuck sakes...that's messed up...." You muttered.
"Yeah, but don't worry. I'll d whatever it takes to get you out of here and back home safely." Ethan explained hand on your shoulder.

You smiled softly and nodded your head, after that little short moment between the two of you Ethan took a few steps forward and slowly pulled the arm away from the body. When he turned around he noticed your attention was on something else, and once his eyes moved to look he saw some child legs at the entrance from the hidden door in the wall.