Chapter 10

The battle was gonna be a long one, though you hoped this would be the last time you'd see Jack like this at all but honestly with your experience with BOW's this may not be the last since things like this loved to mutate to a high level when dealt with a lot of damage. Not to mention how quickly it'll spread and since this was something to do with mold it clearly could ruin the whole place in a matter of days but so far it was just this area for now.

'I've seen worse mutations than this but still, usually, they aren't able to talk like this...I just hope the BSAA can handle this soon.' You thought.

"Ethan! Shoot at the eyes!" You shouted.

At first, Ethan was confused as to what his wife was telling him but when he shot at one of the eyes on the body it seemed to take a huge effect on Jack's mutated body. Hopefully, if the both of you got all the eyes it would possibly be what could finally end Jack once and for all.

"This is getting old, Jack," Ethan tells him.
"I'm gonna kill you. Then (Y/N)." Jack says.
"You're not touching my wife again, neither you nor anyone in your family will take her away from me again," Ethan replied with a growl.

While it was nice to know Ethan still loved you and seemed to have somewhat of trust for you still you knew that a large explanation on what you were doing here and why you were involved in all this was gonna be sorely needed. Your worst fear had arrived...your work bled into whatever normalcy you had in your life and sadly your beloved husband was now involved and was suffering the consequences of all this.

'I should've told him ahead of time! But I...I just wanted to protect him, then again I wasn't sure he'd believe me when zombies were to be brought up...' You thought.

The battle was a rather long one, and before you fell over down where Jack and your husband was Zoe had pulled you away and dragged you with her to the lower side of this place where the door for Ethan to escape through would be open. You however used it to keep shooting at Jack doing whatever you could to protect your husband.

Soon as the battle was thought to be over you still kept your guard up but did smile a bit towards Ethan who in return smiled back, he was relieved to see such a smile after so long despite all that has happened and some still unanswered questions but even so he was happy you were gonna be coming back home soon.

Though honestly with that in mind Jack decided to come back and grabbed Ethan, you shouted out for your husband but cursed when you realized you didn't have any more bullets so the shotgun was pretty much useless at this point. Zoe however told him to use the serum on him which Ethan ended up doing so.

Zoe then later dragged you with her to where the boat was as you left the shotgun behind, both of you waited there for Ethan as he slowly made his way to where both of you were at waiting on him. Sad news however that there was now only one cure left and Ethan would have to decide who he was gonna save.

In the end, he chose you, which tore at your heart as you had bonded with Zoe in the years that you were trapped here. Tearfully you looked towards your new friend knowing neither of this was fair by far.

"It's fine. It was foolish to think I could escape." Zoe says.
"No! Zoe come with us!" You told her.
"Go. Both of you just go!" Zoe yelled.
"Come with us please, I'm sure if I can get in contact with the BSAA they can help-" You began to explain but Zoe interrupted.
"This is my home. Apparently, I belong here." Zoe tells you.

By this time Ethan had already gotten in the boat and soon later helped you inside, you sat down with a sombre expression as tears formed in the corner of your eyes. You had to get in contact with the BSAA and you needed to do it quickly!