Epilogue

It was revealed that indeed Eveline had put you through the wringer these past three years, she faked the notion you were being saved so many times that it was now clear why you were questioning if anything around you was even real. You even missed sleep because of it fearing that you'd be back in that basement in a cell once more or under the control of Eveline.

Ethan did his best to be there for you but later softly suggested that you'd talk with someone, at first you refused but when you saw how worried Ethan was for you it seemed like the best choice so you agreed. As you were talking with someone about your troubles and worries Chris decided behind the scenes to set you and your husband up with a safe house to live in somewhere secret in Europe.

He and his new team put it all together as they respected you as well along with the fact that you and Chris had been long time friends so he thought it would be nice to gift you a warm place to return home to and finally feel safe in as you took some time off to recuperate to heal from the three-year imprisonment.

"Wait what?" You asked.
"These are the keys to your new house." Chris smiled holding out a set of keys to you.
"But...why...?" You asked slowly taking them.
"Well...you went through literal hell for these past three years, you deserve a place to feel safe in and call your own. I called my men as we as your husband to move in all the things you had previously in your old home and then some." Chris replied.

Looking over at your husband who smiled and shyly rubbed the back of his neck, you smiled and hugged Chris thanking him who just returned the hug with a chuckle. He smiled as he watched you move to Ethan's side and did the same then took Ethan's hand and walked to the front door before unlocking it.

"Thanks again, Chris!" You shouted after turning around.
"No problem! If you need anything else you know to call anytime." Chris replied.

You just smiled a bit and with a nod of your head, you and Ethan both walked inside closing and locking the door behind you both. Chris meanwhile had left in his car, for the moment however to you it still didn't feel real that you were finally home but as you explored the place it slowly began to sink in.

"Babe are you okay?" Ethan asked.
"I'm home...I'm actually finally home..." You whispered beginning to sob.
"Welcome home, honey," Ethan whispered.

And with that, you began to sob in his arms as you gripped his shirt, finally after so long of hoping and wishing you were home. Ethan hadn't given up on you once ever at all, the two of you stood there for a moment as you let out all the tears you held back for so long and Ethan blesses his kind heart stood there holding you close as he stroked your hair.

"I won't let anything else happen to you. You're safe now." Ethan muttered in comfort.

Despite still crying you began to smile a bit more as you knew Ethan's words were true, he was an amazing husband to you and you were so glad that you had met him all those years ago as well as married him.

But sometimes good things end rather quickly as the reality of what happened to you began to set in, it didn't take long for you to be constantly tested to see if the cure really did work along with monitoring you of everything else that the BSAA needed...not to mention you were given some medication to help with a lot of crap going on.

Either way, Ethan still stood by you, but he took the time to wait a while before he would ask about your past with the BSAA and these types of things. He was told to remain as patient as he could with you like these types of things could really damage a person along with the fact that when he asked Chris the man wasn't sure if you were happy for him to say too much.

So in the end he had to ask you himself whenever you were ready to talk about it.

And months after waiting you were finally ready, you explained to him that after the wedding you were honourably discharged from the Army and were later approached by Chris to join the BSAA as he and a few other higher-ups were interested in the fact that you were good with undercover missions. And that over the years it was built over for you to be the go-to person for such a dangerous mission.

At first, Ethan was pissed that Chris would put you in on these missions but you later explained to him that you were the only agent ever available to get the job done and have it done correctly as a few times there would be a new virus to nearly come out but thanks to your efforts and risking your own life you had put a stop to all of it.

That seemed to calm him down a bit, but he was still a bit annoyed that you were always putting yourself a risk though did understand that you were a professional about these sorts of things...though how did Eveline go so far off the deep end?

"It was clear that she was acting out of desperation for family, this time around I was so close to finishing my mission that when she took action it had been much too late. As you know her powers take over the mind and well...she must've figured me out compromising my position...sure I was able to send out a distress signal but as we both figured out it wouldn't be until now that things would be finally over." You explained sighing.

At this point, you and Ethan were talking about all that happened and what your Bio-Terror life was like while sitting on your couch drinking some tea/coffee as you wore a warm blanket over your shoulders along with some faint sounds of music in the background to give you a bit more comfort.

"Well however it all happened it's all over now, you can rest up and heal. You're home here with me and we can catch up on all of the time we lost and maybe even more." Ethan told you.
"You...your not mad I didn't tell you?" You asked shocked.
"You were thinking of my safety, right? Besides now that I know how your job is I can support you in it even more now if you decide to go back or whenever you do decide." Ethan explains.
"Oh, Ethan..." You muttered.

Smiling softly you moved slowly more next to him and leaned on his shoulder, yes as time past you and Ethan both knew that things would get a bit harder as both your times to heal would be slow progress but either way neither of you would let the other go through something alone.

For now, you knew things would be peaceful and hopefully your future with Ethan would remain that way but a tiny feeling in your gut made you know that if you were a part of the Bio-Terror fight...things were never peaceful forever.

But as of right now you decided to ignore it and enjoy the time you were gonna spend with Ethan and were grateful that he wasn't angry with you, still wanting to stay married to you. Ethan really was an amazing husband and you were so glad you had met this kind man.

||A/N: Okay so this is the end of this book! The next one is gonna be 'Village Of Shadows' and that book will begin May 15th and it clearly will be the final book to this mini-series and while that book is slowly written I'll announce the new Chris x Reader series cause I need some help on the title of the first book and I got a few of them written down but Id like my readers input on which one would fit better so until then see you all later!!||