Chapter 1- Welcome to Auradon

Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. Nobody thought they would work out. Until they did. Mom and Dad got married and had me shortly after. They had me right after King Beast proclaimed the villains would be shipped off to the Isle of the Lost. And now that Ben proclaimed four kids were coming from the Isle of the Lost, everything was going to change.

I loved being sixteen years old. Even if it meant I was growing up. But, the people around me were growing up, too. Some better than others. I was roommates with Magenta, daughter of Tinkerbell. She was exactly like her mother, with inventions everywhere. She even gave me a watch she made in class.

I watched from the trees on the edge of Auradon as the bridge formed. I smiled, pressing the button on my earpiece.

"Ben, the bridge is formed," I warned.

"Come back. We need you for the fireworks," Ben instructed.

I went back, helping Magenta with the exploding pixie dust. They were in the colors of the villain kids. I sat on the roof, listening for the band. They started, and the limo pulled into the roundabout. Magenta and I set off the purple and green fireworks. Blue and red. Black and white. And gold and red. They looked amazing as the color lingered.

I sat on the Beast statue behind Ben and Audrey. The four looked annoyed. Fairy Godmother walked up, her cheerful smile plastered on her face like always. She looked like the woman from the story told by so many of us. Even after twenty years.

"Leave it like you found it," Fairy Godmother sang. "And by that, I mean just leave it."

Jay tossed all the electronics back into the limo, along with a blanket. He stared at Audrey and broke from the line. "Hello, foxy. The name's... Jay."

I pushed off and landed in front of him. I smiled fakely. "Hi!"

He looked at me, surprised. "Can you just step back a little..." He stepped back as I advanced. I stopped. "Thank you." I went back to sitting on the statue.

"Welcome to Auradon Prep." Fairy Godmother smiled. "I'm Fairy Godmother. Headmistress."

"The Fairy Godmother?" Mal questioned. "As in Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo?"

"Bibbidi-Bobbidi. You know it," Fairy Godmother said.

"Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella when you just appeared out of nowhere with that sparkly wand and warm smile." Mal clasped her hands together. "And that sparkly wand."

"That was a long time ago," Fairy Godmother reasoned. "And as I always say, don't focus on the past, or you'll miss the future."

Ben stepped forward. "It's so good to finally meet you all. I'm Ben."

"Prince Benjamin," Audrey corrected him. "Soon to be king."

"You had me at Prince." Evie stepped forward as I got down. "My mom's a queen, which makes me a princess."

"The Evil Queen has no royal status here. And neither-"

"Excuse her." I glared at the girl next to me. "She hasn't had her hundred-hour nap yet. This is Audrey."

"Princess Audrey. Ben's girlfriend." Audrey took his hand. "Right, Bennyboo?"

"Ben, Audrey, and (Y/n) are going to show you all around," Fairy Godmother explained. "And I'll see you tomorrow. The doors of wisdom are never shut! But the library hours are from eight to eleven, and as you may have heard, I have a little thing about curfews."

The marching band left. Ben stepped forward. "It is so, so, so good to finally meet you all." Jay punched the wind out of him for a moment. Mal shook his hand. "This is a momentous occasion. And one that I hope will go down in history—Chocolate?—As the day our two peoples began to heal."

"Or the day that you showed four people where the bathrooms are," Mal remarked.

"A little bit over the top?" Ben guessed.

"A little more than a little bit," Mal joked.

"Well, so much for my first impression," Ben teased.

"Hey, you're Maleficent's daughter, aren't you?" Audrey questioned.

"You need to read your emails, Audrey," I said, rolling my eyes at the girl trying to start drama. "I'm (Y/n). Daughter of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling."

"How about a tour?" Ben suggested.

"That would be great, Ben," I agreed. "Let's go before there's more awkward tension between the two."

Ben chuckled at me. "Auradon Prep. Built three hundred years ago and was converted into a high school by my father when he became king."

Ben clapped his hands. Carlos screamed and jumped into Jay's arms. I jumped and widened my eyes at his scream. Why was he so scared of a man we all grew up with the story of?

"Carlos! It's okay. My father wanted his statue to morph from Beast to man to remind us that anything is possible," Ben explained.

"Does he shed much?" Mal asked.

"Yeah, Mom won't let him on the couch," Ben joked, making me giggle.

We walked back into the school. I flew to my room quickly, grabbed my tablet, then went back down. The six were already in the foyer.

"So, do you guys have a lot of magic here in Auradon? Like, wands and stuff," Mal asked.

"Yeah, it exists. But it's pretty much retired, except for a little pixie dust here and there," Ben joked. "Most of us here are just ordinary mortals."

"Who happen to be kings and queens," Mal said.

"That's true!" Audrey wrapped Ben's arm around her. "Our royal blood goes back hundreds of years."

"Doug! Doug, come down," I called, waving to the boy. "This is Doug. He is assisting me with you guys."

"I'll see you guys later, okay?" Ben stared at Mal. "And if there is anything you need, feel free to-"

"Ask these two," Audrey said. The two walked away.

"Hi, guys. I'm Dopey's son. As in Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and... Heigh-ho." Doug stared at Evie.

"Evie. Evil Queen's daughter," Evie introduced herself.

Doug snapped out of it. "Okay. So about your classes. I put in the requirements already. History of Woodsmen and Pirates, Safety Rules of the Internet, and uh... Remedial Goodness One-oh-One."
Mal smiled. "Let me guess. New class?"

"No. Me and some of the lost teenagers are taking it," I admitted.

"Getting into a little trouble, pixie dust?" Melody teased as she walked down the stairs.

"Like always," I said. "Let me lead you four to the dorms."