Chapter 14- Will You Marry Me?

Evie and I stood with Doug.

"There they come," Evie said, making me focus on the platform.

The band played loudly as Mal and Ben walked onto the platform. Fairy Godmother had the microphone.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi. One, two. Can everybody hear me?" Fairy Godmother asked.

We cheered in response.

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother. What's up, Auradon? Thank you! Thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon. It worked out pretty well for the first four," Ben explained.

"Yeah, especially for you," Chad remarked before Audrey snapped in his face.

Jay rubbed my shoulders as I glared at Chad. The gesture reminded me to focus on the couple, not the others.

"Mal, this is the exact spot where we first met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life. But did I mention I'm in love with you?" Doug played the guitar. "I met this girl that rocked my world like it's never been rocked. And now I'm living just for her, and I won't ever stop. I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me. But now, look at what you've done, you've got me... down on my knee."

Ben kneeled on one knee, making me grin. "Mal, it's you and me. It's you and me forever. Will you marry me? Will you be my queen?"

Mal gasped.

"No!" Audrey screamed.

"Yes," Mal breathed.

Bubble machines started as everyone cheered. Audrey almost fainted. Ben and Mal kissed, sealing the sweet victory. I laughed happily for my best friend. Mal ran over to us.

"What? Did you know?" Mal questioned in disbelief.

"Everything!" Evie admitted.

"You are going to rock that crown, M," I assured her.

"Okay, so I've only done about a thousand sketches of your wedding dress, and Belle's already planned an engagement party next week," Evie explained.

"It's a really good thing I said yes," Mal said.

Jay grabbed my waist, making me face the two after a moment. "All bow to her royal majesty."

"Oh, yes. Her royal purpleness," Carlos joked.

"Silence, you annoying peasants," Mal teased.

"As you wish, my liege!" I exclaimed.

"Your crankiness," Carlos snorted.

"Okay, let's do this," Ben announced, walking over to us.

Mal's limo pulled up to the roundabout. I made sure they got in safely before they drove off. I had to head back to Neverland. It didn't run itself.

Magenta was already there when I landed. The Lost children were already playing. I joined in on a game of football for a bit. I eventually got back to the shelter, where Mom and Dad were already waiting for me.

"Sweetie!" Mom said cheerfully.

"Mom!" I shouted back, hugging her tightly. "How are you?"

"I'm goo. Did you see what happened?" I asked.

"Yes, honey. It was wonderful. Now, why don't you get some sleep? It's already dark out," Mom suggested.

"Will do," I said reluctantly.

I turned in for the night, knowing tomorrow would be an even better day.