Chapter 13- Cecaelia

A yellow glow came from below the water. My eyes widened. Carlos took my hand scaredly. The water swirled until it rose higher and higher. Water splashed onto the boat, soaking all of us. Uma appeared as a cecaelia, laughing evilly.

"True love's kiss won't defeat this." Uma grinned. "The world will know my name." Uma flung a tentacle at us, and another. Carlos held me behind him during both.

Mal ran to a side of the boat, panting heavily. Her eyes glowed green as her chest heaved.

"Mal?" Ben asked scaredly.

Mal succumbed to her powers, and purple smoke swirled around her. I looked in amazement as a dragon appeared out of the smoke. She flew off the boat and shot a fireball at Uma. Uma flung a tentacle at her.

"Come on, Mal! Let's finish this once and for all!" Uma exclaimed.

Mal glided across the water as she shot fire toward it. She avoided another tentacle as she flew around the boat. Ben moved forward to watch the battle as water was flung. The boat shook, and we desperately moved to keep it steady.

Ben roared, startling me. He handed the crown to me and Jay took off his jacket. He dove into the water, making me freeze. We walked up to the edge. The boy had come between the two.

"Mal, Uma, stop, back down!" Ben begged.

Uma laughed. "What are you going to do, Ben? Splash me?" Uma taunted.

"That's enough! This got to stop! This is not the answer!" Ben snapped. "The fighting has got to stop! Nobody wins this way. We have to listen and respect each other. It won't be easy, but let's be brave enough to try. Uma, I know you want what is best for the Isle. Help me make a difference."

Uma stared at the hand offered to her. Mal growled warningly. A tentacle was raised and Mal roared. Ben's ring was placed in his hand, and she dove underwater.

Jay hit Carlos's arm, and we backed up, making room. They got a rope ladder and Ben climbed up it. The crowd cheered as I handed Ben his crown. He placed it back on his head, looking up.

Mal landed back on the boat and turned back. I beamed when Mal's dress from the stained glass window appeared on her body. She took her dress and bowed jokingly. The guards helped her down as Evie and I walked up to her.

"So, I did not know that I could do that." Mal smiled.

"Tell me about it," I joked.

"That makes three of us," Evie agreed.

Evie quickly blew on a smoldering piece of Mal's dress. We took her hands and led her over to Ben. I stood next to Carlos as Ben suddenly pulled Mal in for a kiss.

"I owe you guys so much," Ben said.

"Yeah," Evie nodded, making me laugh.

"If there is anything you need, or anything I can do for you-"

"Um, actually, there is, Ben. I know who would really love to come to Auradon. It's Drizella's daughter, Dizzy. She's like a little sister to me and (Y/n)."

"Then she should come," Ben decided.

"Okay," Evie smiled widely. "Okay, great. Actually, um... Ben, there are actually a lot of kids who would like it here in Auradon. Kids like us who also deserve a chance. Can I maybe get you a list?"

"Yes, yes! Absolutely. Please," Ben assured her.

A guard walked up to the three. "Lady Mal. We found your spell book below deck. Uma had it."

"Ooh. Um... You know, this seems like the sort of thing that belongs in the hands of Fairy Godmother. Fairy Godmother?" Mal called.

"That's me." Fairy Godmother walked over.