Chapter 19- Promise

"She's slipping away," Evie whispered.

"There's only one person in the world who can do something about it, and that's Hades," Mal sighed.

"Hades? He wouldn't do it. I won't risk it." Ben shook his head.

"Actually, he might do it for me. He's my father," Mal explained.

There was a shocked silence as everyone looked at each other.

"Well, I'll have to send guards to get him," Ben murmured.

"Maybe I can hitch a ride," Uma said. "The Isle is my home. Somebody needs to be there to protect it."

"Well, then. You'll need your first mate," Harry said, walking up and standing next to Uma.

"The Isle will be in very good hands." Mal smiled.

"Can I go too?" Celia asked. "I wish I can be in both places."

Mal stood up, looking at them. "I really think Evie was right. And I do think we could've been friends. And I'm really sorry I lied to all you guys. You deserve so much better than that," Mal apologized.

"You were just trying to do the right thing." Jay shrugged.

"Yeah," Uma agreed.

Evie reached a hand over to Mal's. "I get it."

When Fairy Godmother arrived, I left the room. I sat on the balcony at the end of the hallway. I didn't want Harry to go back. But then again, I might just be a little... selfish.

Arms wrapped around me from behind, surprising me. The muscular arms and the hook held in one hand made me immediately know who it was. Harry sat on the railing with me, looking out with me.

"Why'd you leave?" Harry breathed.

"Maybe a guy I started to like decided to leave as quickly as he came," I said.

"I have to be there for Uma, (Y/n)," Harry said. "We'll see each other soon. I know it."

"Soon could mean ten years," I argued.

"Soon could also mean tomorrow," Harry reasoned. "You're more than welcome to come visit."

I smiled at the offer. "Once you guys go through, I don't think anyone's coming out anytime soon."

"You could be right." Harry wrapped an arm around me. "I think Mally'd make an exception for you."

"Or you can stay here," I reasoned. "The Lost kids are amazing story tellers."

"What happened to the first Lost boys?" Harry asked curiously.

"They grew up. Like everyone does," I said with a soft smile.

Harry tilted my chin up and kissed me softly. I smiled when he connected our foreheads. Harry brushed aside a strand of my hair.

"I'll come back for you, love," Harry assured me. "I promise."