3

"lizzie i still don't think this is a good idea." hope says as they walk through the woods. lizzie abruptly stops in front of hope causing her to run into lizzie. "ow what the hell." she says but is immediately shushed.

hope wonders why until she looks ahead of lizzie to see josie and landon sitting on the grass. landon has his guitar out and hope can hear a faint voice singing. she knows it's josie.

"looks like the love birds are having a little concert." hope scoffs and looks away from them. she can't bare to see them happy.

"can we just go i don't want to see them anymore." hope says.

lizzie doesn't listen to her instead walks away toward josie and landon. hope whisper yells for her to come back but she doesn't listen. she doesn't want to follow and end up making josie even more mad for interfering but she has to.

hope catches up to lizzie, landon is the first to see them since josie's back is turned away from them.

landon puts his guitar down and points behind josie to make her look. her face instantly looks as if she could tear them both apart.

"what are you both doing here." josie asks with a mean tone to her voice. hope never liked it when josie used it.

"oh you know observing." lizzie says crossing her arms. hope just stands there awkwardly as josie gives her a death glare.

"did you two follow us?" josie asks. of course hope wasn't going to say anything that would be giving them selfies away.

"yeah we did." lizzie says hope slaps her arm quickly and lizzie holds it. "ouch what was that for."

hope rolls her eyes. "you know what for."

landon looks as if he's been caught red handed. he's definitely uncomfortable in this situation. truth be told landon and hope avoided each other also. the only time they talked was when landon came up to her asking about josie. hope didn't know the reason he was asking was because he wanted her.

hope hated him with a passion. he knew they were together and broke up but still managed to climb his way into josies life.

"um i think im going to go." landon says grabbing his guitar and kissing josies cheek before leaving. hope wishes she looked away.

as landon walks off lizzie waves goodbye. "good riddance bird boy." hope cracks a smile.

it was obvious lizzie never liked landon either. hope would sometimes overhear her talking about him and how he's useless even being a phoenix.

josie stands up patting her skirt down. "well thanks for that you ruined it." she starts to walk away and lizzie grabs hopes arm dragging her to follow.

"you know josie, i was merely saving you."

"oh really i don't need saving, he's my boyfriend just accept it already." josie says as they make there way into the school. hope is still being dragged. she hates being part of there twin fights.

"you can do better than him, he literally liked hope for how long, how does that not bother you." hopes eyes widen at that. as they make it into the twins room josie turns around facing them both.

"you don't get to say that, he moved on from hope and i did the same." josie says whispering the last part. hope squints her eyes. josie always gets quieter with her words when she's lying.

"keep telling yourself that." lizzie says letting go of hopes arm finally.

they stand there for a minute before josie makes eye contact with hope. "you can go now." josie says.

hope nods. "yeah um bye." hope says before trying to leave but lizzie stops her.

"no she can stay." hope doesn't want to stay but she knows lizzie will probably do something if she doesn't.

so hope stays and stands watching as the twins argue more before josie finally says she's had enough and leaves slamming the door behind her.

hope turns toward lizzie who has a smirk on her face. hope knows this won't be good.

"for being with landon, i think it's obvious she still feels something for you." lizzie says. hope shakes her head.

"no way she's is mean to me half the time and plus she said she moved on." hope says but lizzie begs to differ.

"she was definitely lying at that."

hope just thinks. if josie still likes her why was she so mean to her and why would she do waste her time with landon knowing full well she loves someone else.

"maybe but still i won't get in the way anymore." hope then moves to walk out the door again.

"remember hope, the more you talk to josie the more her feelings will most likely come back, i know they never fully disappeared." lizzie says.

hope looks down wondering. "why are you like helping me."

"because even though you fucked up and broke her heart, josie was happier with you i could sense it." lizzie says before continuing, "and maybe if you told her why you broke up with her she'd be less hostile."

hope doesn't say anything instead nods and leaves the room heading to her own with a mindful of thought that would most likely keep her up at night.

author note: this chapter is a little short but the next one won't be, also thanks for reading😌