9

"josie just calm down, it's okay." hope was clutching onto josie who was now on the floor crying in her arms.

"no hope it's not, he blackmailed you, i should have know he was the reason, hell he was right there as soon as i came out of your room that night." josie continues to sob and all hope can do is hug her while rubbing her back.

"don't it really is okay, you didn't know." hope says into her ear.

"but i should have!" josie shouts getting out of hopes arms. "he made you suffer, you had to watch us and he made me basically think he was good just so id get with him." josie says. hope isn't sure what to do anymore.

"don't do anything stupid okay." hope says as josie gets closer to the door.

"no im going to break up with him right now, i can't believe he did that to you and even me, he ruined everything!" josie yells before walking out the door slamming it shut.

hope desperately wants to follow but she figures it should be josie who does it. it would make things worse if hope was there.

-

josie was furious after hope told her everything. how could she be so stupid. she can't believe she didn't catch on earlier, instead she was fooled by landon.

if landon never did any of that josie still could have been with hope. she could have been happy. instead she was with somebody who she didn't love as much and who did everything she wished she never went through.

when josie reaches landons room she hears faint music from inside. josie doesn't care, she barges in the room which startles landon.

"josie jeez you startled me." he says clutching his chest, "wait were you crying?" he asks coming closer but josie backs away.

"don't come any closer." josie says bringing her hand out in front of her. landon looks confused and tries again but josie falls back even more.

"what's wrong?" he asks standing still still too close for josies liking.

josie feels her throat become dry, "you-you ruined my relationship, you blackmailed hope into breaking up with me, how could you do that?" the look on landons face doesn't look like remorse.

"i wanted you away from hope so i could have you, the plan worked and your with me now that's all that matters." he says calmly moving forward again.

"i said stop coming closer landon!" josie yells slightly just loud enough he can hear and not anyone else.

he stops. "oh cmon josie, you aren't really that upset, it's been months." josie scoffs, how could he say that.

"months of me thinking you were a good guy when really you were a liar the whole time, i though hope just didn't want me anymore but instead i learn you were the reason for everything, fuck you landon." josie spits out.

landon stands still watching, josie, for some reason she can't read him. "you don't mean that josie." landon says.

"oh trust me i do, i don't want to be around you and i sure as hell don't even want to see you anymore, just leave me and hope alone, got it?"

"you'll regret it josie, hopes not right for you she never was." landon says as josie goes to leave.

"well how come i was way happier with her than i ever was with you." josie walks out of the room not looking back to see landon. she doesn't care about him all she needs right now is hope.

josie walks fast back to hopes room. she can feel her eyes burn with unshed tears. she desperately wants to tell hope she's sorry for everything.

for making hope have to see landon and josie together. it must have been so painful and it only makes josies heart ache more for hope.

instead of knocking on hopes door she walks in, quickly shutting and locking the door behind her.

"hope." josie says in a whisper. hope sits up from the bed instantly getting off and basically running toward josie.

hope grabs onto josie hugging her as tightly as she could. "what happened, was he mad, did he do anything?" hope rushes out so fast josie can barely process it.

"hope im okay don't worry." josie says into her neck. hope only hugs tighter at that.

"thank god, i thought he would've done something."

josie doesn't say anything instead she feels tears slide down her face into hopes shirt.

"im so sorry hope." josie says through a sob. she knows hopes shirt is definitely ruined now.

"it's okay jo, im okay, just don't blame yourself please." hope says rubbing circles into her back. josie always liked when hope did that.

"im also sorry for yelling earlier, didn't mean it toward you." josie says.

"no more apologies jo." hope simply says and josie rests into hope more.

some how they end up on hopes bed with josie cuddled into hopes side and hope running her fingers through josie's hair. she's stopped crying finally.

"hope?"

"yeah jo."

"what are we now."

josie knows it's a big question to ask just after everything happened. she'd hate to lose hope again after everything. she so desperately wants to be with hope again.

"i want nothing more than to be with you again jo." josie smiles, "but i think we should wait, you know after everything cools down and you feel better."

josie sits up on her elbows looking at hope, "but i feel better with you." josie says.

"we can still be friends, but jo it's best just to wait until we know landon won't do anything and until i know you aren't hurting anymore." josie thinks being friends would be good but she hates to idea of hope not fully being hers.

"okay, as long as we still talk and hang out as much as we can." josie says.

"of course, i wouldn't want to be away from you." hope says leaning up and kissing josies cheek quickly.

josie blushes.

eventually josie settles back down into hope and falls asleep. she can't help but dream of them being happy and together again.

-

author note: hosie friend era will not last long😭😂

also double update since i might not update for a few days due to school😐