12

by the time they come back to the party it's almost done. both of them walk in a gain a few stares from lizzie and mg. they most definitely realized they were gone. josie knows she'll get scolded by lizzie later for her actions.

the last few minutes go by smoothly with jade nowhere in sight. josie assumes she probably left early after not being able to find them.

hope stays by her side until they are the last people in the gym aside from lizzie and mg who are walking toward them with different expressions.

lizzie goes over to josie shoving her lightly. "what the hell jo, where were you?" josie isn't sure if she should lie or tell the truth.

she looks to hope who is looking at her with expectant eyes. "i uh i got caught up with a few things, im sorry mg." hope looks relieved.

"oh no worries jo, everyone has something come up sometimes." mg says with a smile causing josie to feel bad. mg was her friend and she missed it because she was too busy kissing hope.

lizzie doesn't back down her glare at josie. mg starts to leave while lizzie stays behind. "don't do it again you two, i know you guys went together." lizzie points an accusing finger.

josie watches hopes face heat up with embarrassment.

"yeah it won't happen again." hope says nudging josie slightly. "right jo?" all she does is not slightly scared lizzie would say something even worse.

"good, now if you excuse me im going to be with mg tonight." lizzie says walking off hurriedly back to mg who was waiting by the doors.

hope and josie stay still for a couple seconds watching the others go out of sight before they let out a laugh.

"remind me to never get on your sisters bad side again." hope says between laughs. josie smiles at hope.

"ill try." josie reaches out for hopes hand and the two leave the gym going back to hopes room.

-

"can i borrow some clothes?" josie asks as they stand in hopes dark room.

"yeah of course, don't even have to ask." hope says letting josie look for a shirt and shorts to wear. most of hopes stuff is too small but josie usually finds something that fits.

she pulls out a baggy shirt with shorts and heads to the bathroom to change leaving hope to think about everything that just happened prior.

hope was jealous over jade, which led to hope bringing josie into a closet, which then led to them kissing.

the two haven't kissed in forever and to hope is almost felt like the first time. she'll never be able to get sick of josies kisses.

when josie comes out she's fully dressed and navigates her way through the room back to the bed in which hope is now laying on.

they're side by side now. hope feels the urge to say something but josie beats her to it.

"i miss you." the simple phrase confuses hope because they've been with eachother almost everyday. never a moment where they aren't.

hope shifts to the side looking at josie. "i miss you too but we haven't been away from each other, so how could you miss me." hope asks, josie laughs quietly.

"hope, i miss you in a relationship way, not friendship, when we kissed in that closet it made me realize just how much i missed being with you." josie says now turning to look at hope.

hope suddenly feels the urge to spill her guts and say she regretted ever agreeing to being friends, that they should have gotten together at that moment but she doesn't.

"you don't know how much ive missed being with you too." hope lets out. she brings her hand to josies face moving a stray hair behind her ear.

"i know that you wanted to be friends until i wasn't sad about landon anymore, but i really wasn't ever sad, i was just mad." josie says. hope knew josie wasn't sad about landon so it's no surprise when josies says it.

"i know you weren't." josie stares for a couple seconds.

"then why would you say you only wanted to be friends." josie asks the question hope was not wanting to answer.

hope removes her hand from josie's face moving to intertwine their hands. hope takes a deep breath before answering.

"i was scared, i knew that if i maybe were to be with you again that somehow i would fuck up again and you'd get hurt all over, i didn't want that for you." hope says quietly.

josie moves forward resting her forehead on hopes. she relaxes into it. no matter the issue josie always knows how to ground her.

"don't be scared hope, what happened wasn't your fault, you did what had to be done and yes i was hurt but i understand now." josie says before continuing. "don't let the past ruin your future hope."

hope feels a tear escape her eye as josie leans forward capturing her lips. this time the kiss wasn't rough it was gentle. almost like they both were afraid of hurting the other.

josie opens her mouth slightly letting hope slip her tongue in. the taste of josie always has a hit of vanilla. hope thinks josie must be a secret vanilla lover.

hope moves her hands to josie waist climbing on top of her lap. the kiss now becoming more heated as it goes. it makes hope almost feel lightheaded. it doesn't feel real but it surely is.

they disconnect and josie moves her lips to hopes neck making her way up to hope jaw hope feels herself crumble.

but hope soon realized where this was going and she didn't want to go to that step yet just after confessing their feelings again. they still have time. so hope backs away slightly putting her hands on josies chest.

josie looks at hope with blown pupils. "what's wrong, did i do something, im sorry-." hope shushes josie by putting a finger on her lips.

"calm down, you didn't do anything jo." hope says smiling watching josie smile back, "i just don't want to sleep together yet."

josie looks at her confused.

"oh i thought since we've done it before it would have been fine."

"jo, we just confessed our feelings again, i want to take it slow and not mess anything up this time." hope says in a soft tone. josie nods her head understanding.

hope gets off of josies lap laying back down on the bed. josie lays down as well and they stare at the ceiling.

"you know hope, you aren't too bad of a kisser." josie teases her. hope lightly hits josies arm in protest.

"hey, stop teasing." hope says playfully. josie laughs and it makes hope melt at the sound.

josie then cuddles into hope putting her head on her chest. hope wraps her arms around her tightly afraid that she'll lose her.

"you're the best kisser." josie says through a sleep induced haze. hope brings her hand up to her forehead smiling while blushing.

at this moment, hope is glad it's dark.

author note: this story im writing is the only thing keeping me sane during school😂