matthias

am i the only one who listens to encanto soundtrack on repeat? also, for you all, happy early valentine's day. i'll refrain from like doing any angst...

Matthias ended up taking that spot next to Nina in her bed. Not like dirtyily, but it was a good upgrade from the prison bed.

nvm kayleigh said i can do angst

It wasn't exactly like willingly, either. Because, as karma for not letting Nina help him, Matthias was bedridden and sick, a severe case of hypothermia! 

"Here." Nina said, helping Matthias drink his very very hot tea. And not very hottie. Because like that would mean Nina. At this point, Matthias didn't know what was happening to his head. 

"I think I'm going insane." Matthias said, holding his head. 

"Oh, poor love." Nina said sarcastically. "Will you let me do my magic now?"

"No—"

"It doesn't hurt!"

From the next room over, a sudden loud noise caused both Nina and Matthias to jump.

A TV put on full volume, and two voices singing "We Dont Talk About Bruno" high pitched. 

"HEY SIS, I WANT NOT A SOUND OUT OF YOUUUU"

Nina smirked, and her phone was out in a flash. She snickered as they sang, video tapping the entire thing.

Matthias rolled his eyes, trying to hide a laugh, ultimately failing. 

Both the two laughed, Matthias cough-laughing, causing Nina to laugh more as she tried helping him.

"Saints Nina!" Matthias laughed. "Glad to know my not so well being is funny."

"That's not it." Nina shook her head, pressing her lips together to refrain from laughing. 

"Alright, Nina." Matthias said after he had calmed himself. "You may help me."

Nina smiled lovingly to him, and Matthias took a mental picture of how Nina looked then. That look was the most beautiful look he had ever seen. That woman was the most beautiful person he had ever seen. She placed her hands over his heart, closing her eyes.

"Your heartbeat is calming." Nina smiled. "I'm surprised it's not racing. With our current position."

She opened her eyes, winking at him before closing them again. 

"It may take a few hours or so to fully heal," nina paused. "But that's alright. An excuse for us to cuddle."

"Cuddle?" Matthias raised an eyebrow.

"Unless you don't want to." Nina glanced at Matthias, taking her hands of Matthias' chest. Matthias grabbed her hands, pulling her onto the bed. 

"Sleep, my love." Nina grinned, stroking Matthias's hair.

And he did.