Winning the Bet - Fred Weasley x Reader

"Y/n!"

You looked from your essay trying to see who called out to you. To your surprise, you found Fred Weasley, one of your best friends whom you befriended in your first year, dropping into the seat across from yours.

You raised an eyebrow, "Back from detention so fast?"

He scratched the back of his neck, his grin not leaving his face, "Got away from Filchykins quicker today." He beamed back.

You furrowed your brows together, knowing something seemed off but disregarded it nonetheless.

"You know," Fred started saying mischievously, "you still owe me a day from that bet you lost?"

You pursed your lips and internally groaned, recalling the day you lost the bet to Fred regarding the outcome of the first task in the Triwizard Tournament. And Fred's choice for the bet was that, you had to spend a day with him, however he wants.

"What do you want to do? Make me carry your books or something for the day?" You asked, raising an eyebrow, ignoring the slight nervousness that arose in your stomach, since this was Fred Weasley, the prankster.

He leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees, his hands clasped together. A smirk was plastered upon his face.

"It is Valentine's Day tomorrow," You froze, "so how about you, me, on a date?"

You gulped.

This can't be happening. Why would he ask me on a date?

You'd fancied Fred Weasley since your fourth year and always knew you and him couldn't be anything more then friends, but now when your small dream seemed to have glimmer of reality in it, you didn't know how to react.

"I- Uh- sure?" You answered more like a question earning a chuckle from the ginger.

"Oh you better be certain about that. Wouldn't want my date standing me up now, would I? Although you don't really have a choice since you owe me the day, so you can't deny the offer."

"No- Yes- I mean- Yeah, we can do something tomorrow..." You trailed off awkwardly. "I-I'll see you later." You told him in a high pitched voice, and hurriedly gathered your belongings before making your way to the stairs that led to the girl's dormitory.

"Meet me here tomorrow at ten!" He called out, amusement lacing his voice.

"Will do!" You squeaked out before running up the stairs. Once up in the dormitory, you slammed the door shut and leaned against it, trying to calm your racing heart. Not too soon after, a smile made it's way onto your face, imagining how the next day may be.

This is just lovely.

Hey! I meant to release this on Valentine's Day, but I never finished and I got this far but I have no motivation for completing it, but I liked what I had written so far so I decided to post this. Have a good day!

-S.B.