They're Wrong - Sirius Black x Reader

┌── •✧• ──┐

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

You're useless.

You have always been a failure and will remain a failure.

Why can't you do anything right? You're so stupid!

HONK!

You slammed the brakes, realizing you had still kept going when the traffic lights were signalling red. The driver of the car that you had almost crashed into, rolled his window down, his expression furious.

"Are you blind?! You were about to cause an accident! Can't you see that the lights signal stop for you?!" The man with a burly mustache practically screeched at you, his face all red from the yelling.

You swallowed, feeling your body tremble from shock at what could have happened, before you opened your mouth. Tears pricked your eyes. "I'm so sorry." You answered, voice shaking, "It's my fault, I should have been paying attention."

The man merely snorted and waved a hand, telling you to scramble, which you did. The rest of the drive home, you let your eyes stay transfixed on the road, afraid of repeating the same mistake again. When you pulled up to your house, you numbly made your way in. You dropped your purse on the dining table, heading to the sitting room to turn on the television as a distraction before you headed to the kitchen to prepare some food.

You should have seen this coming. You had always been doubted, and now you regretted having headed out there in the first place today.

You had eggs placed on a pan, sizzling and crackling over the heat. Your boyfriend would be home soon and you knew he would be hungry. However, your mind drifted from the task at hand to what had transpired an hour ago. You stared off into the distance, the demons in your head wreaking havoc.

You didn't realize when the front door opened, or when footsteps became louder and louder. Hell, you didn't even realize when your boyfriend was standing right in front of you, his eyes glancing down at the pan and widening. You only came shooting back to reality, when he gently nudged you out of the way.

You blinked a few times, settling back to the present, as you took in the fact that Sirius was back home and by your side. You sniffed the air, feeling an odd odour fill your senses and your eyes widened as you realized what the source of it was. Your eyes darted to the pan on the stove, beginning to reach out for it but Sirius was already on it, taking the pan over to the trash bin, throwing out the now burnt eggs. He tossed the pan in the sink before turning to look at you, taking in your appearance.

If Sirius felt something was off with you before he was certain now. Your face was looking rather pale, your eyes red and puffy, and there was a slight tremble in your whole body. Sirius' heart clenched at the sight.

He moved towards you, gently placing his hands on your shoulders as he guided you to the couch. He made you sit down before kneeling before you, his hand gently holding yours. Sirius reached out and placed a comforting hand on your face, reassuringly stroking your cheek.

"What's wrong, love?" He asked softly, his grey orbs peering at you with such genuine love and concern, that before you knew it, the dam broke and your eyes welled up, a sob leaving your lips. You fell onto your knees as you threw yourself at him, burying your face in Sirius' neck as he placed you on his lap and rubbed your back whilst one hand rested at the back of your head.

You cried and cried and cried. You cried, letting all the pent up emotions out. You cried until there were no more tears left, only an exhaustive and numb feeling in your entire body remained. Throughout it all, Sirius had murmured words of comfort and love, hiding how his heart had shattered from the first second of your breakdown.

You slowly pulled back, rubbing at your face while you stared down at your lap. Sirius placed a finger under your chin, tipping your head slowly up so he could gaze into your y/e/c eyes.

"Love?"

Your lip wobbled as you drew in a breath, "I thought since it's my day off that I should go to my parents' house. I know there is a place in their heart that cares but sometimes they can say such things that hurt so bad, and it happened today and I spoke back which resulted in a huge argument." You told Sirius, who rubbed comforting circles into your back.

Since you were a child there was a lot of pressure on you, however once you found out you were a witch, perhaps then your muggle parents began to distance themselves from you. You wanted their love, their attention, to make them proud, which you were able to from time to time, but most of the time, you were always criticized.

"They told me things like that I am a failure and that I'm stupid and-" You hiccuped, "They're right. I'm dumb. I couldn't even keep an eye on those eggs for two minutes!" You exclaimed. "What do you even see in me, Sirius? I'm not worthy to be with you-"

Sirius placed a finger on your lips as he said, "Don't you dare say another word." He sternly directed at you before softening, caressing your cheek. "Love, you're so amazing, beautiful, smart, talented, and just out of this world. I can't imagine my life without you. How can you even think so lowly of yourself, my darling?" Sirius said, the pain he felt upon hearing how you thought of yourself reflected at the end.

You shook your head in denial, "But, they're right-"

"No." He cut you off, "My love, they are so wrong for saying all those hurtful words to you. You're an angel, darling. You're amazing. Your parents are wrong. They're wrong." Sirius told you with such genuine love and determination that you let out a watery chuckle, running a hand through your hair.

"I love you, Sirius. Thank you."

At that, a smile appeared on his lips and he replied, "I love you too, Y/n."

And you wrapped your arms around him, pulling Sirius in for a short and sweet kiss, pouring all your love and gratitude for him into the small act, making Sirius' heart melt.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

A/N: I had been meaning to write this idea for a while so here's this little piece. I hope you all like it. <3

By the way, that driver the reader encountered was Vernon Dursley (I don't know why but the mustache part just reminded me of him so yeah, lol)