What about me? - Sirius Black x Reader

┌── •✧• ──┐

└── •✧• ──┘

You felt a smile slide onto your face as you heard the front shut. You quickly finished arranging the food for dinner onto two plates, and carried them to the dining table. Sirius came in just then as you placed the two plates. You smiled and immediately moved forth, throwing your arms around him.

"Hiya, Siri. How was work today?"

"Alright." Sirius mumbled out, his arms still hanging limp by his sides. "Listen, y/n, I'm really tired, Moody made us really work. Could you maybe... give me a bit of space?"

You felt a bit disappointed, those words making your heart hurt. Things weren't as they used to be. You and Sirius were both in the same house back at Hogwarts, just a year below him. However your bright and sweet charm soon had Sirius Black trailing after you like a lost puppy. By your sixth year and his seventh, Sirius had finally asked you out and you couldn't have been more delighted to say yes.

Once you graduated Hogwarts, Sirius offered you to move in with him into his flat and you were beyond happy. It was amazing, coming home after an exhausting day of work, only to curl up into each other's arms and enjoy a few moments of peace. Sirius worked as an auror, completing his last bit of training. Meanwhile you, were learning a bit more and in a few years hoped to become a magizoologist.

Everything was going wonderfully.

Until it wasn't.

Recently, things have been different. Sirius used to be very touchy, whether that meant an arm around your shoulder, or a hand on your waist, placing kisses on your face, head, and if he was sly enough, your lips. However now, he barely accepted your embraces, let alone give you some touch of affection. No lingering touches, no kisses. He would come home, eat and go to sleep. In the morning, he would be gone before you woke.

"Sure." You replied to him, taking a step back. Sirius turned over to the dining table, while you stood there, your eyes glossing over. You shook your head, regaining your composure. You slid into the chair across from Sirius.

"So, are you off from work tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

You tentatively asked, "Do you want to go out tomorrow? Maybe to a restaurant? I'm free as well."

Sirius hummed, "I'll think about it."

You nodded, before you remembered a funny incident earlier at Lily's house, which involved you, Lily, Marlene and Alice trying to bake, although when you tried to roll the dough into small little round balls, they turned out too sticky. After a confused five minutes, Lily came to the realization that most of the flour was missing. All eyes had turned onto Marlene who had taken up the job, and the blonde haired had sheepishly smiled, hands raised in surrender before all the girls burst into laughter.

A smile cast onto your lips as you began to speak, "Oh I was at Lily's today along with the girls, funny thing happened, Marlene-"

"Y/n, could you maybe not? I'm not in the mood." Sirius interrupted fixing you with an annoyed gaze.

You fell quiet, your heart beginning to break. This was what was happening nowadays. He barely paid attention to you, and would not pay attention when you tried to have a conversation with him. You both were drifting apart and you didn't know how to keep the last threads of the relationship from breaking. You were being pushed to the side, trampled upon, but not anymore.

Tears collected in your eyes and you angrily stood up.

"Am I not good enough for you? Do you not love me anymore?"

The sudden outburst had caused Sirius to look up in surprise.

"What are you talking about?"

You scoffed in disbelief, "What am I talking about? What am I talking about?" You shouted. "You've been pushing me around for so long now! I hug you, you tell me to give you space! You never hold me, for crying out loud, I don't even remember the last time you gave me a kiss, or when we may have had an actual conversation!"

Sirius' face flooded with anger and he stood up as well, a fire in his eyes.

"So what am I supposed to do? Be glued to you every second of the day?!" He retorted. "I'm busy and tired, alright? Moody has been working us hard, and I can't seem to get any time to recover! Any free time I have is me trying to do other important stuff!"

Tears streamed down your face, "But you have time to go visit your friends, even go out the whole night while I sit here waiting for you to come back like you promised! You have time for everyone else but me!" You shouted, a sob escaping your mouth.

Sirius looked at you with an unbelievable look. "But they're my friends, they matter-"

"And what about me? Do I not matter to you? Why do I do so much for you only for you to toss me aside? I'm human too, I have feelings as well. What about me?" You breathed out in such a distraught voice, your body wracking with sobs, and Sirius' eyes slightly softened.

He'd never meant to hurt you.

Your sobs slowed down, and you wiped your tears away with determination.

"Not anymore. I'm not allowing you to treat me like crap, when I deserve to be treated so much better." You declared and you rushed to your shared bedroom with Sirius.

Sirius watched you go with furrowed eyebrows, confusion laced on his face. He followed your steps and thrust open the bedroom door, his eyes widening at the sight before him.

You were running about, clothes scattered everywhere as a suitcase sat upon your bed, already half full. You scrambled around until it seemed to suddenly hit you that you possess magic, and pulled out your wand, waving it in the air. All your clothes and belongings immediately rushed into the suitcase, which shut with a loud thud, zipping around securely.

"No." Sirius breathed out, causing you to look up at him as your suitcase was held in your hand.

"I need a break. I'm done, Sirius." You declared, trying to blink back the tears and hold down the tremble in your voice.

Sirius shook his head, "Darling, please, don't leave. I promise you I'll do better."

You closed your eyes, releasing a breath, "And then what? You'll go back on your word? Neglect me all over again?"

Sirius was crying now, shaking his head as he couldn't come to terms with the fact you were going to leave him. He fell to his knees, burying his face in your stomach, begging forgiveness, anything for you to stay.

"Love, please don't leave me. I promise you, I won't repeat my mistakes again. Please give me another chance." He cried, tightening his hold on you. The tears you had tried to keep at bay began to freely fall.

"I'm sorry, Sirius. I love you so much but I can't do this anymore. Goodbye."

And despite Sirius' attempt to hold you back, you managed to extract yourself out of his grip and made it to the door. Sirius was on the floor, sobbing his heart out. He heard the front door shut and he felt as if his heart had gone with you.

"What have I done?"

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. 

So that was... that. *Sighs* I hate sad endings but yeah. I'm considering writing a part two but that's if I can come up with something to write.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed it (well you know what I mean) and I love you all so much!

Love,

Serina