Chapter 5

(Y/N)'s POV)

It was already evening when we arrived at Trost District. After we arrived here we parted our ways. Erwin and Hange left, so I was left alone with Captain Levi. He wasn't very talkative, not at all actually. Our ride to our destination was mostly quiet.

Levi then began to lead his horse out of the city towards the meadows. And after we entered the meadows, he began to gallop away. It made me a bit mad just because he didn't say a word. He didn't even say where we were going but I kept quiet and followed his lead. After a while of riding, I could see a mansion in the distance.

It seemed like we were going there, and I was right. Looking towards the large gate, I noticed a tall male standing there. Once he saw us approaching, a smile appeared on his face. Once we were close enough, he opened the gate for us.

"Welcome back, Captain." The male looked up at Levi. As I looked at him I noticed that he had slightly dark skin, brown hair, and a pair of brown eyes. Levi didn't respond, he only gave the male a small nod and dismounted his horse. I did the same.

"You must be (Y/N) D'Angelo." The brown-haired male fixed his eyes on my figure.

"Yes. Nice to meet you." I send a small smile his way. He nodded with a smile.

"The name's Gunther Schultz. I'm one of the members of Levi Squad." He pointed a finger at himself with a grin and I simply nodded. Then I noticed that Levi was leading his horse away, so I quickly followed behind. We made our way toward the stables.

"Untack the horse, groom him, feed him, and lead him towards the paddock." Levi commanded as he led his black horse toward one of the stalls. I blinked.

"But I don't know-"

"Don't worry. I'll help you and show you around." I heard. Looking to my right, my eyes landed on a woman. She had short light brown hair and brown eyes. There was also a sweet smile on her face.

"You must be the new recruit, (Y/N) D'Angelo?" She slowly made her way toward me. I smiled and nodded.

"Great! I'm Petra Ral. Follow me. Like I said, I'll help you." She walked past me and led me toward an empty stall.

"Okay. Now, untack the horse, and I'll show you where the tack room is." I did what I was told and then she led me toward the tack room. They kept saddles, bridles, and other stuff there. Petra also showed me the feeding room, the wash-down bay, and the paddock. She just showed me around the place in general, we also got to know each other a bit.

"Petra, is her room prepared?" Levi suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Petra responded with a nod.

"Yes. Well, I think it is. Oluo was supposed to be done with it by the afternoon. But he didn't come back yet." Petra answered. Making Levi narrow his eyes a bit.

"Tch. Is he slacking off?" Levi turned around and began to make his way inside the mansion. I quickly grabbed my stuff and followed him, Petra also helped me carry a few of my bags.

"Who's Oluo?" I asked. Petra looked at me and then back in front.

"Another squad member." She said, I replied with a quiet 'I see'. Once we were inside the mansion, we walked through the halls for a while. Then we went upstairs and made our way toward my room. Once we were in front of the door, Levi reached for the handle and went inside. Both me and Petra peeked inside.

And our eyes landed on Oluo. He was sitting on a chair while resting his head on the table, sleeping. Then I heard Petra gasp. Confused, I looked at her and raised one of my brows. She quickly grabbed my bag and placed it on the floor.