Acceptance of an Elder, Part 1

Apologies for the late update. There's been a lot going on in my personal life that has kept me away from Wattpad and lowered my motivation.

I am going to try and update more, but they'll be infrequent, probably full of mistakes and unedited, but I'll do my best.

I also just wanted to say a quick thank you for the number of views this book has gotten. 56? I'm very grateful, especially for a newer writer.

I hope you continue to enjoy the content I roll out for you.

(•̀ᴗ•́)و

-----

After holding a strange and truly upsetting 'conversation' with Wei Wuxian, Lan Xichen, head filled with questions, had watched as he dissipated back into strands of resentful energy, which now floated around him like a scarf lost in the wind. He had had to stop and reassure many Lan disciples who attempted to remove or attack the strands, calling it ' a special case' as he made his way to his Uncle.

Wei Ying, on the other hand, was simply milling around Xichen, not even bothering to hide himself from the many stares he - or rather, Xichen - was recieving.

- I'm sure that staring and gossiping are against the rules. -

He pondered this thought, just as Xichen knocked on the door of his Uncles quarters. He heard a quiet "Enter", and slid the door open, stepped in, and slid it closed. He moved over to where his Qiren was sitting, but was rather surprised to also see Wangji sitting there with his wife.

(Legit forgot what she was called).

"Uncle." He says respectfully, cupping his hands and bowing. "Brother." He does the same thing, but ignores the protests of Lan Baoying as he takes a seat across from his uncle.

"Ehh, why were we called here?" She whines, while Wangji rubs circles on the small of her back. All people involved, including Wei Wuxian, take note of the dirty tear tracks and disheveled appearance on her face, the latter taking particular pleasure in it. Wangji, looking at Xichen, asks him, "Brother, what's that resentful energy surrounding you?"

Qiren does a double take, looking closer at Xichen, who sighs. "This," he says, holding out his palm flat, where the energy comes to rest, "Is the none corporeal form of Wei Wuxian. He is the one who was scaring Lan Baoying." They watch, partly in awe and partly in fear, as the energy on Xichen's palm begins to morph, taking on a different shape. A small rabbit; completely black, with lighter grey ears, and a pair of red eyes. They continue to watch, as he hops down from Xichen's palm onto the table.

He then proceeds to step in ink and hop all over Qiren's paper. Xichen takes a breath, ready to quell his uncle's anger; a chuckle surprises him. He snaps out of his minute daze, only to see that Qiren, the man who rarely, if ever, smiles, chuckling at the small bunny who was now being held in his rather large hand, being scratched behind the ears. Goodness, thought Xichen, whatever next? Razor sharp teeth?

He couldn't have been more correct.

Lan Baoying cooed, reaching over to pet the surprisingly furry animal, but that turned into a yelp when it - no, he, Xichen corrected himself - grew long canines and bit into her hand, drawing blood and leaving obvious puncture wounds. Wangji swatted at the animal angrily, witnessing it lose its form, once again becoming loose strands of stray energy.

This energy moved away from the table, before spinning in a whirlwind of dark colours, writhing and cracking. Xichen took note of his Uncle's concerned face, and put a hand on his arm to reassure him, skillfully ignoring the shocked Wangji and screaming Baobi- Baoying. Yep. That.

The whirling soon stopped, and, lo and behold, the spirit of Wei Wuxian was slumped on the floor in a sitting position, a shadow overhanging his face, legs stuck out at awkward angles. He slowly lifted his head, showing off his mangled neck and almost missing eye, his other eye locking with Xichen's, who had made his way over, picking him up under the arms and helping him stand.

-----

For the sake of my sanity, I'll have to make this a 2-part chapter, apologies.

Happy Reading, Everyone! ☆♡