Family - Part 2

Wooo...angst :)

TW: Angsty?, self-deprecating thoughts, panic attack/nightmare.

This is more just looking into Jiang Cheng's inner turmoil, so it will be kinda short...if you read the previous upload (a.k.a, *inhales* MOTIVATIOOONNNN-) you'll see what's coming in the future.

-----

"Jiang Cheng..."

W-what-?

"It's all your fault..."

Jiang Cheng could hear two voices, one sickly sweet and the other deep and rumbling, echoing around the inky blackness. He didn't know where he was, or who was speaking to him.

Slowly, indistinguishable faces started to form from the darkness, ever changing and muttering incomprehensible words, while 2 full beings also formed, moving slowly towards him. He tried in vain to move backwards, but found that his feet were rooted to the spot.

Tendrils of resentment coiled around him, wrapping him in it's deathly embrace.

"Tut tut..."

He glanced up.

"A-Li..." He gasped out.

Jiang Yanli had appeared before him. Or, at least, he body did. The head and face could not be her, he thought; the features were hard and twisted.

"Tsk."

He whipped his head in the other direction. Standing there was the body of the teenage Wei Wuxian, but he had a noticeable scowl on his face, rather than his usual mischievous look.

"You're a Sect Leader, yet you break down over things like this? That's pathetic." The shadow Wei Wuxian said, chuckling at the end, which sounded like sandpaper being rubbed against a chalkboard.

The shadows picked up, and so did the echoing voices. He watched in morbid fascination as the shadow Yanli screamed ghoulishly before joining the other whirling shadows; he himself screamed in terror as the shadow Wei Wuxian began sprinting towards his paralysed self, watching as he grew from a teenager to an adult, from an adult to his time of death.

He helplessly watched on as his body slowly became more and more irreparable, before finally watching his body go up in flames. His skeleton lay haphazardly on the ground.

Suddenly, with a crack, the skeleton crawled towards him, eyeballs rolling out of its skull, reaching for his ankles with a bony hand, before finally going completely still.

Two silver eyeballs came to rest at his feet, staring up at him accusingly.

~

Jiang Cheng woke up sweating to the sound of a flute being played. Through eyes damp with tears, he could see the figure of Xichen in the corner of the room sitting cross-legged, flute to his lips and eyes closed.

His bed creaked as he sat up, alerting Xichen. With the absence of words, he stood up and aided Jiang Cheng in sitting up, raising his brows in inquiry, to which he shook his head in response. He didn't want to talk about his nightmare.

Instead, he asked:

"When can I talk to him?"

-----

I apologise; 1. For the shortness of this and 2. That this took a while to appear.

I have recieved conflicting opinions on the future of this book; some want a harem, others want the ship to be with Xichen. In regards to this, I apologise, but I intend to keep the relationship between Lan Xichen and Wei Wuxian platonic; I really like the brotherly element that's being developed. I won't be changing my mind about this.

Should people really not want a harem, do leave me some suggestions. If not, I will continue with current plans.

Happy Reading! ♡