Family - Part 3

Official Title: My Boys.

WHO'S EXCITED-

~ ılı.lıllılı.ıllı.

We just arrived at Gusu from Lanling. I hadn't wanted to leave the boys, but I trust Wen Ning to take care of them.

A-Xian trusted him. I trust A-Xian.

Upon landing, Zixuan dismounted his sword and released me from his hold, holding me at arms length and assessing any clothing rips after travelling at such high speeds. Satisfied that there were none, he flicked his sleeves, placing them behind his back.

Someone cleared their throat, obviously trying to be subtle but failing - not that she would ever tell them that. Both of us turned towards the sound, and I was mildly surprised to see Lan Qiren approaching.

"Jin Zixuan, Jin Yanli." He greeted, bowing formally. (Is Yanli's name now Jin instead of Jiang, or am I mixing up traditions-)

Both husband and wife returned the greeting.

He continued. "I understand that Xichen told you in his letter that we had found the soul of Wei Wuxian. I'm warning you beforehand, as well as before Sect Leader Jiang arrives; he will allow you to see him physically, however..."

He paused momentarily, seemingly trying to find the words to explain it.

"...His body is...not in good shape, taking form of how he died." He finished.

Yanli could feel tears falling down her face, remembering what Zixuan had told her about his body before it was ripped from his hold, taken away and burned. She didn't want to think about what else may have been done to him.

She was snapped out of her thoughts as Jiang Cheng came stomping over, Lan Xichen close behind. As he got closer, Yanli could see the tear tracks running down his face, a telltale sign of how he reacted.

"Good, you've arrived, Sect Leader Jiang." Lan Qiren spoke, brushing over his harrowed appearance. "Are all three of you ready to talk to him?"

Yanli, who had walked over to Jiang Cheng and smoothed out his robes, turned to Lan Qiren and nodded, both males following suit. Without another word, she steeled her resolve and followed Lan Qiren to her brother's location.

-----

I'M SO SORRY.
I'VE BEEN RIDICULOUSLY UNMOTIVATED TO WRITE, AND I FEEL AWFUL.

I swear, I'll try to do better from now on; I've just had so many ideas, like a Demon Slayer AU, Marvel Cast oneshots, a rewrite of Moonshine Wishes: I've been stuck on what to do first.

And now we're here; a tired author, patient readers (which i'm really grateful for) and a crappy update.

I'm so sorry. Thank you for being so patient.