Issues

Hello, I've returned; I wrote this over the weekend, but proofread and edited it today. Is everyone ready for the first true meeting of Wei Ying, Lan Zhan and Lan Baoying?

TW: Little bit of cursing, Gore (Wei Ying imagining how brutally he would kill Baoying - will it become reality? Dunno, depends on what you all want). The death part gets a bit disturbing, so here's your warning.

-----

It had been a few days since Wei Ying had actually spoken to or seen Old Goat Qiren (a name he disliked being called, but he allowed the young man to do so) and Brother Xichen (which Xichen had insisted he called him), and the main reason for this was that Lan Wangji and Lan Baoying kept playing Cleansing in eachother's quarters. While he, still technically being The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation, a.k.a The Yilling Patriarch, could push through that spiritual energy, it would cause him problems; energy reduction, breaking him spiritual link to the world, heck, he could even lose a limb - temporarily, of course, but that's beside the point.

It had gotten to the point where, much to Wei Ying's dismay, he was stuck floating miles above Gusu, or hiding out in the back-hills. As much as he hates to admit it, though, the time away meant he could focus more on his shape-shifting ability. He wasn't entirely sure how he ended up with the ability as, well, he's dead, but here we are. He discovered that, unsurprisingly, larger animals required more energy. For example, a bunny or a bird took very little energy, meaning he could stay in those forms for days on end, whereas larger animals, like tigers, required much more, only allowing him to stay in that form for 3 hours before collapsing. He had also been improving his speech, now able to speak fluently as long as he remained calm.

It was on one such day that he was in the back-hills, experimenting with the concept of mythical beasts, when he heard rustling leaves and footsteps. He quickly shifted back to his regular self, thinning out into pure scarlet energy; just in time, as a person came into view. He 'breathed' a sigh of relief when he saw it was only Xichen, taking a moment to admire the gracefulness that most, if not all Lans seemed to possess, all the while maintaining that aura of authority. As he drew closer, Wei Ying shifted into a crow, flying over to Xichen, who gave him a rather bemused look, before landing on his shoulder, taking care to not dig his talons in. One minor downside of the whole animal shifting thing was that he retained his colour scheme: Black fur/feathers and those stark crimson eyes.

Xichen, coming back to his senses, chuckled slightly, gently stroking the black feathers, eyes tracing over the more hidden silvery-grey ones underneath. "I thought I'd find you here. I actually came looking for you as I have something to ask of you, but I don't think you're going to like it." Wei Ying, slightly confused on Xichen's hesitation to tell him, tilted his head slightly in an indication that he was listening.

"I'm sure you've heard Wangji playing Cleansing almost every minute of the day, but I only figured it out today. Truth be told, he was trying to corner you so he could pin you down about what happened with Baoying, as well as question you himself. I'm not sure how be found out, but he knows you can speak as your human self, albeit brokenly. I came to ask if you want to meet with him."

Wei Ying had been silent through Xichen's...ahem...rant. On one hand, he probably would end up just berating him, leading to him shifting and leaving. On the other hand, however, with Xichen there, he might get the chance to argue his existence as a spirit, and his reason for being a spirit.

...

What do you mean, you know the reason already? Author, that was supposed to be- *muffled*

Apologies for the fourth wall break. Some people just don't know when to pipe down.

{Take a second while the issue is fixed.}

Wei Ying, having made his decision, cawed loudly, flapping his wings, and tapping Xichen twice on the head with his beak. Xichen, somehow understanding this, gave him a small smile, watching as Wei Ying's form changed again, from the crow into his signature black bunny. Now cradling him in on arm, Xichen turned on his heel and made his way to the Jingshi, where his Uncle, the man he thought was his brother and that woman were awaiting his return.

~ Time Skip - The Jingshi

(Long chapter pog?)

All five were now settled in the Jingshi: Lan Xichen and the still bunny Wei Ying closest to the door, Lan Qiren - who had just finished placing silencing talismans around - to his far left, the space between them empty. Lan Wangji was across the low table, making no show of hiding the fact that he was glaring daggers at the small animal, and finally Lan Baoying at Wangji's right, trying to stay as far away as possible. To their immense satisfaction, she had bandages on her hand where she had been bitten by Wei Ying a few days prior.

Taking the long silence in both hands, Wei Ying hopped down from Xichen's hold, shifting to his human-spirit self, once again allowing the energy to wrap itself around his neck, tight enough to suffocate a mortal man. Adjusting to the sensation of having what is essentially a tentacle wrap itself around him for support, he turned his eye towards the man he despised, and the woman he wanted dead.

He could picture it now: Lan Baoying, her eyes misplaced, yet still alive, mouth frozen in a silent scream as several fierce corpses pile on top, tearing her apart with teeth and hands, ripping off chunks of flesh and devouring it slowly, until nothing but a skeleton was left, and soon even that would BURN-

*Click!*

"Wei Ying, you're zoning out. Are you alright?" Xichen was clicking his fingers and waving his hand in front of his face, trying to divert his attention. Wei Ying, coming back to reality, realised he had been staring Lan Baoying straight in the eyes for the last minute, who was now clinging onto Wangji. He was, however, ignoring her; instead, his gaze was focused solely on Wei Ying. After reassuring Xichen, he locked eyes with the man he no longer recognised.

{🍵}

"Wei Yi-"

"That's Wei Wuxian. You have no right to call me that name anymore. What do you want, Hanguang-Jun?"

Wangji only slightly flinched, barely noticeable to the untrained eye.

"Wei Wuxian," he tried again, the name unfamiliar to his tongue, "I have questions for you." Wangji made a noticeable attempt at trying to inject authority back into his voice, but Wei Ying just scoffed at him.

"What? So you can tell me off like I'm a little naive 16 year old again? I don't want to waste my fucking time with you, so make it quick." His voice, filled with honesty yet laced with venom, was caught by all ears. Wangji, swallowing his pride, asked:

"Why aren't you gone?"

-----

Heh heh...

I know I said there would be drama, and there's a little here, buuut...

If you want more, your just gonna have to wait :) I'm sorry this took so long to come out, so I hope you enjoy it.

On another note; 415 reads. Four hundred and fifteen. w h a t. Thank you all so much for your continuous support on this book - I never expected for it to become more popular, haha.

Also, I plan on writing small side stories to this book, so when chapters aren't updated, you all still have something to read. It can be angst, fluff, comfort - anything, any prompt, and I shall do my very best.

Happy Reading! ☆