Prologue

Rocks flew through the air as they hit the young boy in the back.
"Distasteful rat!"
One of the girls hollered as the others joined in calling the boy mean names and laughing.

Meanwhile a (h/c) girl strolled through the small part of the district. It was a poor place but the buildings were a lot more fascinating than in the rich part of the Entertainment District.

As she was peacefully strolling down the street she saw the small scene happen.
"Stop throwing rocks at him!" She yelled and charged at the girls.
The girls were taken back by this and in fear protected themselves from the rouge girl running towards them.

'Just as I thought.' She thought to herself as she passed the girls and grabbed ahold of the boys wrist pulling him along into a near by ally way.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she catched her breath.
"Ye-yeah.. Thank you.."
He mumbled keeping his head low.
"I'm (Y/n) (L/n)! What's your name?"
She asked tilting her head slightly looking at the boy with a curious look.
"Gyutaro..." He mumbled still keeping his face hidden.
"Why were they throwing rocks at you and calling you names?"
'So many questions!' Gyutaro thought as he took a deep breath and looked up earning a gasp from the girl.

"Ugly right? I wouldn't blame you if you think so.." He said as he looked away in shame.
"N-no! I just didn't expect it!"
She said trying to save herself from the gasp.
"Don't lie please."

"Ok. How about I tell you what I like about your face? That way you know I'm not lieing."
She said putting her hands on her hips.
"O-okey"
"I like your eyes! And your birthmarks make you look specifical! Your hair is nice too!" She said smiling brightly.
"You really think so?!" Gyutaro exclaimed eyes wide from the compliments.
"Of course I do!" She said and hugged the boy.

*Two days later*
(Y/n) was walking with her mother through the poor part of town again. This time she kept a close eye on the people trying to scout out her new friend Gyutaro.

Soon she spotted him sitting by a trash can eating something that looked like a worm.
"(Y/n) dear, what are your looking at?" Her mother asked trying to follow her daughters gaze. The little girl saw a good stand selling some bread. "Mom can we buy some bread?"
"Alright dear."

"Here's your bread (Y/n). I'm going to be late to the kimono fitting, I trust you can handle yourself?" The woman said.
"Of course!" The girl exclaimed smiling brightly. With that the woman left. (Y/n) made sure she was really gone before running up to Gyutaro.

"Here." She said holding the bread out for the boy to take.
"Huh? You got this for me?" He asked.
"Yes! Now take it." She brought the bread closer to the boy.
When he didn't take it again she practically shoved it in his mouth.
"Mmm!?" He struggled taking ahold of the bread and taking it out of his mouth.
"Are you trying to kill me?"
"Sorry!" She exclaimed patting the boy's head.

*13 years later*
(Y/n) was walking around wanting to see Gyutaro.
"Did you hear the news about poor Ume?"
"No, what happened?"
"Apparently she stabbed a Samurai in the eye and then he burned her."
"Oh that's such a tragedy!"
"I heard he was killed by Gyutaro in his blind rage."
"I heard he managed to finish Gyutaro of!"
"Oh that's lovely! No more street fights!'
(Y/n)'s heart sank.
She ran towards the house Ume and Gyutaro lived in. She didn't want to believe they were gone.
"Don't be dead please..." She whispered as she reached the small house.

She swung the door open with such force that it almost broke.

"Ume? Gyutaro? Are here?" (Y/n) called out.
"They're not here." A cold but yet gentle voice said making you turn.
"Wh-who are you?" She asked as she studied the man in front of her.
He had blonde and quite long hair and his eyes were what shocked her the most.

Rainbow eyes... And the words "upper six" as the pupils.

"I am Douma, and your (Y/n) I presume."
He said a wide smile on his face.
"What's your purpose here, did you kill Ume and Gyutaro?" She asked now noticing the blood on his clothing.
"No, I saved them... Tell me would you like to join them and become a demon?"
He offered catching the girl of guard. She had only heard stories of the terrifying beasts known as demons.

"If it's what it takes to meet Ume and Gyutaro I'll... I'll do it."