Pretty stars

HAHA A NEW CHAPTER!!! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been busy planning and writing the mugen train arc for my Gyomei x reader story, It's coming along nicely. I did say in the information chapter that this story will be on hold for the time being but I missed writing this story and with that said I'll try to update this more frequently! 🥳

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞  ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧

Ume slept soundly on her futon. Gyutaro silently watched her as he put down the book he was reading.

She should be fine by herself for a few hours... Right?
He thought.

He slowly stood up and walked towards the shoji, as he slowly slid it open he looked back at his sleeping sister.

I can't believe I'm doing this. It's in the middle of the night.. She most likely won't even be awake.
He thought.

As he was about to slide the shoji shut the image of a girl popped into his head.

And he shook away every intrusive thought about leaving his sister alone. He won't be gone long so there won't be any harm done if he leaves.

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞  ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧
Small taps could be heard from the young woman (Y/n)'s shoji.

(Y/n) who was getting ready for bed became visibly annoyed. This would happen often and normally it would be an admirer who wanted to marry her.

(Y/n) slid the door up angrily and more aggressive than she had initially planned.

"What?!"
She asked irritated only to soften as she saw the boy standing below her window.

"I could come back at a more suitable time-"
Gyutaro said as he pointed back to the direction he came from.

"Sorry Taro, I thought you were one of those guys who thought the would be the most perfect husband."
She apologized giving Gyutaro a soft smile.

"I was wondering if you would want to come with me, I want to show you something."
He said grinning ear to ear.

"Ok! Let me get my Haori!"
(Y/n) said leaving the shoji open as she went on a quick search for a haori to protect her from the cold.

After finding the Haori she quickly walked back to the shoji, making her escape up to the roof closing the shoji in the process.

Jumping down from the roof Gyutaro catched the girl putting her down safely on the ground.

"Thank you!"
(Y/n) said smiling up at her friend.

A few minutes went by of them standing in front of each other.

"Eh.. Taro... You can.. Let go of me now."
(Y/n) awkwardly said

Gyutaro quickly let go of (Y/n)'s waist a light blush coating both of their cheeks, Gyutaro's significantly darker.

"Uh- Let's go."
Gyutaro said grabbing (Y/n)'s hand and leading her away to a nearby field.

When Gyutaro was satisfied with the spot he let go of (Y/n)'s hand and sat down signaling for the girl to do the same.

She obliged and sat down beside him.

After a few minutes passed an (Y/n) was getting impatient.

"Gyutaro, why did you drag me out here for no reason?"
(Y/n) asked looking at her companion.

"Look!"
Gyutaro exclaimed pointing at the sky like a little kid.

(Y/n) looked up at the sky to be met with a sea of shooting stars.
She audibly gasped at the beautiful sight.

"How beautiful!"
She said happily looking at the sky.

"You- You're more beautiful.."
Gyutaro mumbled under his breath.

(Y/n) quirked her head at her friend.

"What...?"

Gyutaro met her gaze clearing his throat.

"You're more beautiful."
He repeated more confidently this time.

The pair sat in silence looking at each other.

Then Gyutaro slowly leaned in towards (Y/n).
(Y/n) blushed but copied the motion also leaning in closing her eyes in the process.

Their lips met and started a beautiful dance. They only parted for air.

"I- I'm sorry (N/n).."
Gyutaro said after they had parted.

(Y/n) pecked his lips again as reassurance.

"It's ok."
(Y/n) softly said smiling.

Her smile soon faltered and was replaced with a frown.

"What's the matter? Are you cold?"
He asked worried.

"Yes"
(Y/n) said hugging her legs.

Gyutaro abruptly stood up reaching his hand out for her to take.

✧༺✦✮✦༻∞  ∞༺✦✮✦༻✧
Back at (Y/n)'s home she turned around to look at Gyutaro

"Well I guess this is Goodbye, for now. Goodnight~"
She said kissing his cheek and sneaking back inside.

"Goodnight..."
Gyutaro whispered after her.

This is officially the best day of my life!
Both of them thought.