Scent, what scent?

Warning some contents of the following chapter may contain mentions of murder, suicide and over all gore, also I'm starting to write according to the plot of season two but I'm adding stuff for the story's sake. Plus I'm writing it after memory so sorry if stuff is incorrect

The new girl Zenko was getting on more that (Y/n) nerves. (Y/n) had, since she got there, wanted to slit her throat. Why? (Y/n) wasn't sure herself, she thought the girl was quite sweet, yet, she had a creeping sensation that she meant bad news.

Daki was in this moment desperately trying to wash herself to get rid of Zenko's disgusting scent.

Meanwhile (Y/n) was sitting on the roof. She didn't have to host tonight so she got some well deserved rest.

The roof of the okia was a quiet spot for (y/n) to relax. She shared the same passion for watching the stars as Gyutaro.

She didn't even notice the young girl sitting beside her.

"Eh.. Who are you?"
She asked surprised at how the girl's steps went unnoticed by her demon ears.

"Oh I'm Ka- Sumiko!"

Sumiko(tanjiro) pov

Great job tanjiro.. now she's definitely gonna catch on!

"oh I'm (Y/N)..."
The woman answederd

She honestly didn't seem amused. I should ask her why she's here..

"Why are you out here?"
I

asked

"I don't have to host tonight, so I decided to go up here."

She seemed suspicus of me, not good.

"The actual question is, why are you here?"
She continued.

CRAP! Did she really se through me so quickly?!

"I just needed some fresh air.?"

Her scent.... It's definitely not human, but it isn't menacing either..

I didn't even realise she had disappeared from her spot beside me.

Third person pov

Tanjiro sat puzzled on the roof.

(Y/n) however, who had been seated beside him a moment ago, was now inside of the Orain Warabihime's room.

"UGHHHHH!"
A woman's voice was heard in the corner of the room.

"What's the matter Daki?"
(Y/n) asked.

"I can't get this filthy child's scent of me!"
Daki cried out actually on the verge of tears.

(Y/n) was horrible at comforting people, and whenever she tried, which she did, her verbal harshness always seemed to make it worse.

Even though with the passing of time
(Y/n)'s emotions seemed to fade, it did pain her at the fact she couldn't show empathy nor sympathy.

She sniffed the air.

"I can't smell it, it must be your imagination."

The good thing is that she could lie without getting caught. She didn't actually know why, it must've been something she picked up in her human years.

*flashback*

"(L/n) (Y/n)! Have you been seeing someone?"
The woman asked

"No? Why do you think that?"
The young woman was panicking on the inside.

"Oh... It's just that you have been seeming off the past few weeks."

She believed that?!

*end of flashbacks*

"Really?"
Daki asked and sniffled.

"Yes, really."
(Y/n) said.

"Oh thank you for saying that (n/n)!"
Daki clapped her hands happily.

She believed that?! And.. (n/n)..? I feel like I've heard that before..