05, Background Character

Chapter 05,
Background Character

Chapter 05,Background Character

Adopting IntrovertsSeptember, 2021

Adopting Introverts
September, 2021

   "BLAKE DAWSON plays Valorant, what the actual fuck," Via screams over Discord.

   Maddy sits in her chair, hugging her knees. She stares at her monitor with a smile on her face, thinking how ridiculous Via's reaction is. At this point, after knowing Beck and Foosh, she should hardly be surprised that somebody like Blake Dawson plays the game.

   The Adair girl watches Via's profile picture in the app, her circle lighting up in green whenever she speaks up, or merely makes a sound.

   "I'm just glad he's good at the game," says Maddy after their five matches. They won all five of them. The only reason the group stopped playing is because they have schoolwork to do, unfortunately.

   "That's actually so freaking hot of him," remarks Via with a dreamy sigh.

   "You are the only person who thinks that," says Maddy in a monotone, shaking her head almost disapprovingly.

   "I don't know, because if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure Beck once said, and I quote: 'You're so cracked I could kiss you right now,' after Blake carried the fourth match as Phoenix."

   Maddy can imagine the smug smirk playing on Via's lips, and she glares at her computer screen. "The fact that you remember this— I hate you so much. So fucking much."

   "Cry about it."

   "I think I will."

   "Oh, my God, I actually hate you, too."

   "At least we're even now."

   The two girls giggle, stopping the moment they hear the ping of somebody else joining their voice chat. Maddy widens her eyes before she notices the shark profile picture that Foosh has had for years now.