22, Romance Novel Heroines

Chapter 22,
Romance Novel Heroines

Chapter 22,Romance Novel Heroines

A She ProblemOctober, 2021

A She Problem
October, 2021

   "HEY, KARL!" Maddy calls after the only person in her vicinity that she seems to actually know. She did find Via and Tina before, asking whether they don't know where Foosh is, but they only said that they hadn't seen Foosh in a while.

   Karl stops, turning around to face Maddy with a huge grin on his lips. "Oh, Maddy, hi! I didn't know you were here!" he exclaims, examining the girl. He notices the varsity jacket she's wearing, and Maddy shakes her head.

   "Harlow Luna gave that to me because I was cold," Maddy explains. "But that's not the point right now . . . I'm actually looking for Foosh," she says, looking around. "Do you know where he is?"

   Karl hums, shrugging. "I'm not sure, but the last time I saw him, he was going upstairs to just spend some time alone. I don't know, he looked pretty upset. Not sure why. Maybe you can make it better?"

   "That's what I'm hoping for," says Maddy, pursing her lips together. "Considering I'm the one who made him upset," she adds under her breath.

   Karl narrows his eyes at her, not hearing what she said, but knowing that she made a comment of some kind. "What?" he asks with a raised brow.

   "Nothing," Maddy replies instantaneously. "But thank you so much, Karl, you're the best." She puts her hand on Karl's arm, squeezing it thankfully.

   "Yeah, of course," says the boy, still grinning. "Glad to be of help!"

   By that point, Maddy has made her way toward the stairs, storming upstairs. The first thing she does is head to the door of Nick's room, since that's technically the private room that should be locked, and therefore the best place to be in if you want to be alone at a party.

   When she reaches the end of the corridor, she notices that the door is ajar. Maddy tilts her head to the side, narrowing her eyes at it. Approaching the door with caution, she opens it just a tiny bit more, only to see Foosh and Dee Molina inside, the girl sitting next to him on the bed.