19, Never Mind

Chapter 19,
Never Mind

Chapter 19,Never Mind

Emotional Support FriendOctober, 2021

October, 2021

   MADDY WAS told that it didn't matter what she wore to the party. She's seen enough movies and TV shows to know that people usually dress up in their cute 'possibly looking for friends' outfits, but Maddy aims for more of a comfort outfit, rather than what she usually sees in the media.

   Instead, the girl merely wears her all-time favorite oversized crew neck — that being the one she got from Foosh — black nylons and tight shorts. She finishes the outfit with one black and one white Converse shoe just for the effect, since everything else she wears is black. Not a very celebratory color.

   Beck already left for the party to go pick up Hannah, and Maddy's been left alone at home. Their dad is stuck at work today, and will be coming in later. Maddy left a note on the fridge that says she and Beck are both going to be at a party together.

   Though she may have deliberately forgotten to tell either Beck or Foosh. Maddy decided that it would be somewhat of a surprise for the two boys — mainly Foosh, to be honest. Blake, Via and Tina proved to be good at keeping secrets of this kind.

   Maddy puts her phone and some necessities in a small purse that she throws over her shoulder, smiling when she hears a car honking outside. She knows it's Blake coming to pick her up. Foosh has probably already left for the party.

   The girl makes her way out of the house swiftly, jumping into Blake's car with excitement that she would not have expected at first. Going to a party for the first time ever is thrilling, even if she'd prefer staying at home and reading a book, possibly about a character fighting an entire kingdom in revolt because they disagree with the system.

   "Ready to enjoy yourself and live life for the first time ever?" asks Blake with a smirk, his eyebrows furrowed.

   Maddy slap's the football player's shoulder with a roll of her eyes. "I live life just fine, thank you very much!" she argues, shaking her head.