18, Defenders Win!

Chapter 18,
Defenders Win!

Chapter 18,Defenders Win!

The 3-9 CurseOctober, 2021

The 3-9 Curse
October, 2021

   "ATTACKERS WIN!" sounds through Maddy's headset as she stares at the computer screen in absolute glee. They just won the match that officially puts them in third place in this entire Valorant tournament.

   Not that Maddy doesn't trust herself, but she did not think that they would get into the top three, let alone that she would get the team and overall MVP in the entire game.

   She stares at the statistics and her score, which is near perfect as opposed to her regular days, when it doesn't necessarily matter how well she plays. But she clutched the death match with a one versus three on a map she hates with a burning passion — Breeze. It's not a bad map, it's just arguably the most unlucky map for Maddy. She usually loses on this map as well as Fracture. But today, she managed to come through and win despite the atrocious map. With the help of her friends, of course.

   Jumping out of her seat, she immediately finds herself in Foosh's arms. The boy lifts her up and spins her in the air as she laughs.

   "YEAHH!" Foosh exclaims. He puts Maddy back on the ground, their friends joining in the hug.

   "We won!" they chorus.

   Tina runs up to the stage where the Foolish Gamers stand, grabbing Via by the cheeks and planting a proud kiss on the girl's lips.

   Maddy laughs at the sight before she glances at Foosh. He's oblivious to her stare, but Blake notices, slinging an arm around her shoulder. He chuckles amusedly, shaking his head.

   "You know what this is starting to feel like?" he asks her in a whisper, making sure that only she can hear him.

   "No, I don't," the girl responds, ready to disagree with whatever Blake has to say.