12. Friday at Seven: the Date

As he drove to Louis' house, Harry drummed his fingers on the wheel. The date he'd planned seemed good- not too over-the-top, not too simple. Louis would probably love it. 

He couldn't wait to see him again. Maybe this date would be so romantic, Louis would fall in love with him. Harry sighed. That was ridiculous. All the other dates he'd been on in the past never ended up with love, and he'd been on quite a few first dates. Second dates, though, hardly ever worked out. But Louis was different. He'd never felt so delighted around Louis, so peaceful and content. 

This date would go well, Harry told himself, and switched on the radio. 

When the clock ticked to seven o'clock, Louis sprang up from the couch. He added another layer of lip balm, cuz why not, and stood at the door. He'd showered and dressed himself, but he didn't know what else to do. It was just a first date, right, they weren't getting married. If he knew how to do make up, he would've done it, but he just ruffled his hair into the nicest way it would move and hoped for the best.

Harry knocked on the door, and was taken aback when it immediately opened. 

Harry was wearing a jean jacket with a white shirt underneath, and black pants. He had a necklace of a silver turtle. He was so handsome, Louis didn't know how he was going to get through this date without asking him to marry him. 

"Hi, Harry," Louis said shyly. 

"Hi, Louis," Harry said, smiling. Louis had a striped pink shirt underneath a sparkly pastel green jacket, and faded blue jeans. He was looking up at Harry with such an awed, innocent expression, Harry wanted to kiss him into the next century. 

Instead, Harry said, "Ready?"

"Yup."

Harry took Louis' hand, and they made their way to the car. 

"Where are we going?" Louis asked. 

"It's a surprise."

"Harry, I wanna know!"

Harry groaned. This boy needed some patience. "Relax. We'll be there soon."

When they passed any intersection, Louis asked if they were turning on that street. 

"No, not this one. "

"What about this one?"

"No, not this one either."

"I can't handle the suspense!"

"I can tell, sweetie. I need to focus."

"Oh. Sorry."

"It's fine."

At last, Harry pulled up to the location. 

"Sena Rose Garden," Louis said. "Wow."

"Have you been here before?"

"No, I've never even come to this part of town."

"Then I'm glad I can introduce it to you."

Louis bounced out of the car, curious what a rose garden looked like, exactly. Did it have walls of roses? Were the roses harvested, like tomatoes? 

As it turned out, the rose plants were in lines of garden boxes, winding around the perimeter like layers of onions until they reached the middle, which was a fountain. There were rings and rings and rings of roses. Louis almost fell down at the sight. 

He tugged on Harry's hand, eyes wide. "There are so many roses here!"

"Isn't it fabulous?"

"It's beautiful."