Chapter 6

Draco sighed as he parked his car in his driveway, it was six o'clock in the afternoon and they were about to go inside to watch a movie with Granger. Draco got out of his car then went to Scorpius side and got him out of his booster seat, the minute Scorpius's feet touched the ground he ran over to Hermione who was getting out of her car, he attached himself to her leg making her chuckle.

"Come on bud, let's go inside" Draco said. Scorpius ignored him and held on tight like his life depended on it while he stared at her.

"I like you, Miss Granger" he said making Hermione smile.

"I like you too, Scorpius" she said making something in Draco's heart beat faster. He ignored the feeling as Scorpius let go of Hermione's leg and ran for the front door.

"Shall we?" she said making Draco nod. They headed for the front door and when they got inside, they saw Scorpius searching through the movie cabinet.

"Did you find one you like?" Draco asked . Scorpius held up one that had Draco rolling his eyes, Beauty and the Beast. It was Scorpius's favorite movie, he should have known.

"That's my favorite Disney movie." Hermione said making Draco almost roll his eyes again.

"Of course it is, Belle is basically you" Draco said.

"You are just jealous because I'm beautiful and smart and you are...how did I say this...you're not." She said before going over and sitting on the couch. Draco growled in annoyance as Scorpius laughed.

"Watch yourself witch"

"Or what?" she said. "What is the bouncing white ferret going to do?" Draco grabbed a couch pillow and hit a laughing Hermione with it, she stopped laughing and glared at him.

"You really want to go there?" She asked.

"You started it" he replied. Hermione nodded before standing up.

"Okay, if that's how you want to play it." She said before picking up a couch pillow and hitting him with it. Draco smiled and hit her back before it turned into an all-out war with Scorpius joining in on the action. An hour later, they were all on the floor laughing, Scorpius sat up and smiled.

"Can we watch Beauty and the Beast now?" He asked making Draco groan and sit up.

"I guess" he said before standing up then helping Hermione up before putting on the movie. As the trailers began, Draco went into the kitchen to make popcorn, as he waited for it to pop, Hermione came in and leaned against the counter.

"If you ever need someone to watch Scorpius, I would be happy to do it." she said.

"Noted" he said as the popcorn started to pop. They waited till the bag was like a balloon before Draco took it out and poured the popcorn into a bowl. He salted it before they joined Scorpius as the movie started to play. 

After the movie was over, Hermione decided it was time for her to go home, she looked down at Scorpius who had fallen asleep halfway through the movie. She smiled at him before moving a tendril of hair from his face before looking at Draco who was passed out too. She stared at him for a second, thinking he looked peaceful when he slept.

"Enjoying the view?" He asked making her jump as he opened his eyes and looked at her.

"I was wondering how you made someone so handsome when you look so ugly." She said before standing up.

"You wound me" he said holding his hand to his chest.

"You'll live" Draco stood up and picked up Scorpius before walking Hermione to the door.

"Thanks for letting me join your movie night"

"You are welcome to join us anytime." He said as he opened the door.

"I'd like that" she said before saying goodbye then leaving.

A week later, things went back to their regular routine, Hermione got up at six to get to work at six forty so she would have time to prepare for class. As she walked into school, she was immediately greeted by a second-grade teacher, Greg Thompson. Greg Thompson had the biggest crush on her and he didn't hide it well, he was a nice guy but Hermione wasn't attracted to him. She tried to tell him several times that she wasn't interested and that she doesn't date co-workers but he's persistent. He said that if she just gave him a chance, he knew that they would be perfect together but of course Hermione was still not interested.

"Morning Hermione" Greg said.

"Good morning, Greg" 

"How was your weekend?" He asked as they made their way down the hall to their classrooms.

"Good and yours?" 

"Good, I went and visited my mom in the countryside." he said. "I was thinking that maybe you would join me this weekend on a trip to the countryside?"

"Greg...we've talked about this...I'm not interested." Hermione said as she arrived at her classroom.

"Come on Hermione, give me a chance" he said.

"I told you I don't date co-workers." She said before going into her classroom and locking the door. She sighed in relief before getting to work, halfway through the class a messenger from the office came in and handed her a stack of papers. The moment she looked at the title of the papers...her heart sunk, it said that there was a mother- son dance this Friday. She looked up at Scorpius who was working hard on his assignment and knew what she had to do. It has only been two weeks since they met but she already cares for him deeply. She knew this would hurt him since his own mother wasn't here for it and there was no way she could stand looking at his little face full of hurt. She was going to take him to the dance and give him the time of his life. A few minutes before the bell rang Hermione spoke up.

"Before the bell rings I want all the boy to know that there will be a mother-son dance this Friday, I am going to hand out these flyers for you to give to your moms." Hermione said before giving out the flyers to the boys. 

When the bell rang Hermione helped them all get outside to the bus or to their parents. She noticed once she was done with that, that Scorpius was sitting on his favorite step staring at the flyers. She went over to him and knelt down in front of him.

"You okay?" She asked.

"I can't go, my mommy is dead." he said with tears in his eyes.

"You can still go" she said wiping them away.

"It's a mommy and son dance, I have to have a mommy to go." He said.

"I know I'm not your mom, but I would be honored to take you."

"You would?" 

"I would"

"You would what?" A voice said behind her. Scorpius held up the flyer as Hermione stood up and turned to face Draco. Draco took the flyer and read it before looking at Hermione.

"May I talk to you for a second?" He asked making Hermione nod. They walked a little aways from Scorpius before Draco turned to Hermione.

"You don't have to do this, I can take him out and do something fun."

"I don't mind taking him" she said. "I knew the moment the flyers were given to me that I would do it, I just can't see his little heart break."

"You don't care that other moms will think her is yours?" He asked.

"I stopped caring long ago about what other people think of me." She said making Draco sigh then look over at Scorpius who was watching them.

"Fine" he said before they went back to Scorpius. "Looks like we need to get you a suit for the dance." Scorpius smiled and threw himself at his dad.

"Thanks daddy" 

"You're welcome son"