Chapter 8

The next day, Draco was woken up by his son poking him in the side.

"Daddy, wake up" 

"I'm up, I'm up" Draco muttered as he slowly opened his eyes."

"Daddy, Uncle Blaise is here"

"Tell him to go away" Draco said.

"That hurts Draco, it really does." Blaise said from the doorway of his bedroom. Draco sat up to stare at his best friend, wondering what in the bloody hell was Blaise doing here so early in the morning.

"What are you doing here, Blaise?" He asked.

"I need to talk to you so get up." He said before turning and leaving, followed by Scorpius. Draco sighed and got up before heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

Fifteen minutes later, Draco walked into the kitchen to see Scorpius eating breakfast that Blaise brought. Blaise was holding two Starbucks coffees while deep in thought, since he didn't notice Draco walk into the room.

"You okay, Blaise?" Draco asked bringing Blaise out of his thought. He wondered what could possibly be wrong with his best friend that he looked so out of it.

"I need to tell you something."

"Let's go into my office" Draco said before turning to Scorpius. 

"Once you finish your breakfast, I want you to put some clothes on and then pick up your toys from the game room and put them away. Once that is done, you can play a video game till I'm done." Scorpius nodded as he stuffed his mouth with scrambled eggs. 

Draco and Blaise left the room and went down the hall to Draco's home office. Once inside, Draco closed the door and took the coffee Blaise held out for him, before he went to his desk and sat down on his desk chair. He looked up at Blaise, ready for the worst as he took a sip of his coffee and swallowed.

"So what did you need to tell me?" He asked.

"I'm getting a divorce" Blaise said shocking Draco.

"Why?" he asked.

"I found out that Katie cheated on me with Seamus Finnigan."

"I'm sorry, Blaise" 

"It's fine, our marriage over a long time ago." he said. "We both found someone we actually love." Draco's eyebrows lifted in surprise.

"And who is the girl you love?" He asked.

"I can't tell you" 

"Now you have to tell me" 

"Sorry, but I'm not telling" Blaise said before standing up from the chair he had been sitting in since he gave Draco his coffee. "I just wanted to tell you about my divorce since you're my best friends."

"Is it someone I know?" Draco said ignoring him. 

"Draco, I'm not telling you so drop it." Blaise said before exiting the room. Draco chuckled before taking another sip of his coffee, sooner or later Blaise would end up telling him.

Hermione watched as Ginny tried to get four-year-old Lily into the swimming pool in Hermione's backyard.

"Come on Lily, mommy will not let you go, I promise" 

"No mommy" Lily said making Hermione chuckle as he phone buzzed. She checked it to see a text message from Draco.

"You won't believe what's going on with Blaise."

"What's going on with Blaise? "

"He and Katie are getting a divorce." Hermione wasn't shocked since she had seen Seamus and Katie together on multiple occasions.