I

|1|

Destiny N

Destiny N. Brown

"No trey I can tell you're taking them wrong! " I silently shouted, walking over, grabbing the phone out of his hand to look at the pictures.

I glanced through the photos and, surprisingly, he took them exactly how I wanted them, "See i told your ass i was taking them right." He chuckled, licking at his lips.

"What? I love you and I will see you later." I snickered as I hugged and kissed him on the cheek before exiting his front door and heading to my truck.

Trey has been my best friend since we were in diapers. He's one of many friends who hasn't changed his mind about me, and I appreciate him for it.

I was on my way to meet my friend Milani at some random person's kickback. Their alcoholic asses always end up finding a party or something, and my oblivious self always ends up falling into their little antics.

As I drove through the cities of California, I listened to my music. I'm originally from Queens, New York, but I moved to California in fifth grade.

When my mom forced me to leave my family, I hated everyone, even myself, but now I appreciate her and love her even more because there truly wasn't anything up there for me.

Even though my mother and I don't get along and she has put me through a lot, including my father, I still adore them.

As I saw the street packed with people and Milan's bright red Audi with her decorated license plate, I parked my truck next to hers.

As I got out of my jeep truck, I heard pop smoke blasting through the speakers coming from the DJ booth. I pulled out my phone to call Milani, but she didn't pick it up.

Ugh this bitch.

Just in case anyone wanted to get rowdy with me, I made sure I had my pepper spray in my bag. I pushed my way through the crowd, hoping to find Mani and the rest of our group of friends, but I couldn't.

I felt a tug on my wrist. I quickly turned around to see it was just my good friend tee, "Bitch, I was about to whoop your ass!" I shouted over the music and ran up to give her a bear hug.

"I missed you, Tiny!" She shrieked as she picked me up by the thighs and spun us around.

"I missed you even more, love. Where is Milani? " I asked, slipping out of her grasp and scanning the crowd once more.

"She's somewhere over there," Tee said, pointing to the large crowd that was gathered around the DJ booth. "Come on, I'll just walk you over there." She chuckled as she wrapped her arms in mines.

As we moved through the crowd, a group of boys approached tee and started hitting on her. she clutched my hand harder as she became increasingly agitated, "Bro leave them alone and let them go on with their day." A random girl stated walking over to me and tee.