VI

|6|

Destiny N

Destiny N. Brown

As usual, my heavy eyelids shot open out of nowhere, making me look around the room filled with darkness before I started to search for my phone on the side of me with my hand to read the time.

Finding the phone, I picked up it up and raised it to my face squinting and the bright screen trying to focus on the the time. 8:45am. I was now on side of Billie instead of being on top of her how I was last night.

My mind was like it's own alarm clock. I woke up around the same time every morning even if I didn't have to go to the club.

Setting the phone back down, I examined the familiar bedroom I was in. The darkened curtains made no light or sun peak through the room unless you pulled them back.

Billies rapid breath was hitting my neck making my eyebrows furrow in confusion. How could someone sleep like this? From the looks of it, it seems as though she cannot breathe right. Billies head was laying in my neck, one of her hands up my shirt, and her legs tangled up in mines as she lightly snored.

"My cute little bean." I mumbled to myself before slowly removing her hand from my shirt, sliding her head on to the pillow, trying to not wake her up.

Once I raised up from the bed and stood up on the floor, I watched Billie mumble inaudible words and then turned her head the other way.

Scratching my head as I walked into Billies walk in closet, I grabbed my daily essentials for the morning such as my toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, a towel, a washcloth, and one of Billies tee shirts.

I walked into the carpeted room and then walked into the bathroom.

After putting my necessities on the countertop and closing the door, I stripped out of my current clothing and opened the shower glass door, reducing the water to the hottest temperature it could get to.

Hot showers were honestly the best showers.

After a good 25 minutes, I took a hot shower, moisturized my whole body with some of Billies cocoa butter lotion, brushed my teeth, and changed into the oversized tee.

Heading back into Billies room, I contemplated whether I should cook for us or get us some door dash. Choosing the second option, I quietly walked back to the bed to get my phone.

About to walk out of the bedroom and to go sit in the kitchen, I stopped in my tracks when I heard Billie lowly and groggily call my name.