II

|2|

Destiny N

Destiny N. Brown

"Alright bitch, you've been doing your makeup for an hour now, speed it the fuck up." Milani grumbled, dragging her palm across her face. I gave her a sidelong glance before rolling my eyes. She's acting as if she doesn't waste hours on her own nonsense while i'm waiting.

So yes we're equal.

"So how do I look?" I asked Milani, looking in the mirror once more before turning to her.

"You look sexy as hell babes! If i was gay and a bitch off the streets I'll definitely hit on the first night," She chuckled giving me a playful wink while walking out of the room

I pushed her shoulder lightly and turned back into the mirror, checking to see if I genuinely looked decent and if she wasn't just trying to rush me out the door. I always struggled to love myself because I didn't grow up with acceptance.

I had an unhappy childhood where my parents were extremely critical. My parents always compared me to other kids or famous kids in such a horrible way. That of course forced me to be angry, their downgrading words actually hurt my little heart.

The emotional abuse caused by them as a kid created fear and guilt in me but I try to get over it from time to time by convincing myself I am enough but it just isn't enough for me to feel completely confident and loved again.

Milani was well aware that I struggled with low self-esteem, so she used her engaging words to console and compliment me from time to time.

I heard footsteps in the hallway so I hurriedly grabbed my Victoria's Secret duffle bag filled with different types of lingerie in it and slung it around my shoulder. Milani walked in with snacks in her hand munching loud as hell.

"Stay out my pantry girl unless you know somebody who sell food stamps, other than that stay outta' there." I chuckled pointing at the door shaking my head. She knew I was joking and she was gonna continue to eat up all of my shit.

"Girl, fucking boo. Are you ready to shake that ass and make some shmoney though?" Milani questioned, slowly moving her hips from side to side.

"Not really but these bills ain't gonna pay themselves," I shrugged, dropping the duffle bag because it had suddenly become heavier.

"That's right. You know which lingerie you're gonna be wearing?" Milani questioned, with raised eye brows. I nodded before taking out my phone and going into my gallery to find the photo I took yesterday in the club after applying to be a stripper at their current location. Surprisingly we got hired the same day.