Chapter 5: Two New Students at Forks High School

A week had passed since Andy had met her mates. It was Sunday, the day before she would be starting her Junior year but in the middle of the semester. Andy was currently sitting in Carlisle's office on the couch across from his desk reading a book on Pagan Gods as Carlisle worked on paperwork from the hospital. The doctor and hunter were spending time in comfortable silence until Andy's phone began to ring Sam's ringtone: House of the Rising Sun by The Animals, causing Carlisle to chuckle.

Glaring playfully at her mate Andy answered the call, "HELLO."

"HEY ANDY, DO YOU GOT A MINUTE," Sam asked.

"YEAH BRO, WHAT'S UP?" Andy asked as she got up from the couch and walked out onto the balcony.

Sam went on about a case in California, where men were disappearing all of different ages, race on the same patch of road. They had found dad's motel room full of articles on the disappearances, apparently John had started investigating the disappearances before he found a lead on the yellow eyed demon that killed his wife and mother to his children. Andy told Sam to send her copies of all the articles that John had found and she would look into it. After talking to Sam for a little bit Andy came back into Carlisle's office and sat back down on the couch, grabbing her laptop off the table in front of her.

  After talking to Sam for a little bit Andy came back into Carlisle's office and sat back down on the couch, grabbing her laptop off the table in front of her

"What was that about sweetheart?" Carlisle asked his mate as he looked up at her.

"Dean and Sam are investigating a string of disappearances in Jarico, California. All men of different ages and race. Their cars, abandoned on the same road, their bodies however never found." Andy explained as she pulled up the emails from Sam, "Mind if I use your printer?"

Carlisle shook his head and Andy hooked up her laptop to the printer and started printing off the articles and other information that Sam had sent her. After printing off the last article Andy kissed Carlisle on the cheek before she took everything to her room which only had a couch and tons of books and her other hunter equipment. One entire wall was nothing but a pushpin board that Esme had installed for Andy to use to pin up her research. After pinning up everything Andy started to go over everything. It was just after eight at night when there was a knock on the door.

"Andy, Esme made something for you to eat. Why don't you take a break for a little bit," Jasper said as he leaned against the door frame.

"Sorry, not hungry, trying to find the connection to these disappearances." Andy said, as her eyes refused to look away from the board.

Slowly walking over to her, Jasper wrapped his arms around his mate's waist, pulling her against his chest as he spoke.

"It would hurt Esme's feelings if you didn't eat a little something. A break could help, plus we have school tomorrow so you do need to sleep."

Taking a deep sigh Andy knew that her mate was right. She didn't want to hurt Esme's feelings since she treated Andy like a daughter. Turning around in Jasper's arms Andy looked up at her slightly taller mate before speaking.