-4-

"So what are your names?"

The four of them were walking in a line, Y/n stood next to jake who stood with the two boys the other side of him.

The one in a yellow body warmer pointed to himself "I'm Worm" he then pointed to his friend "This is MC dirty D"

The other boy who was wearing a black raincoat shook his head "MC dirty Bizniz"

The one in yellow looked up at him as they all kept walking "I thought you changed it"

He shook his head "Nope"

"No, you did, remember? When Ruth said "MC dirty Bizniz" made it sound like you cacked your trousers"

"Yea, but she said "Dirty D" sounded like a personal hygiene problem"

Jake looked at Y/n but turned to look back at the boys when she gave him a shrug "Wait. Are these, like Nicknames or..."

The one in the raincoat looked at Jake seriously "Stage names. We're the sickest rappers in Wales. Go on Worm, show this Yank and girl how it's done"

"What? Now?"

The one in the black raincoat started to beat box as they continued walking. The one in the yellow body warmer started to rap.

"Like to get wrecked down the Priest Hole. Your dad's always here 'cause he's at the dole. Our rhymes are tight Yet I make it look easy. Our beats are hot like chicken jalfrezi"

The boy stopped beat boxing and the other stopped rapping.

Both jake and y/n just looked at them blankly, before y/n started nodding "Oh, yea...no, it's good...so good"

The four of them walked for a little longer until Worm spoke up again with a straight face "Should we take the shortcut, D?"

"We'll get there quicker, take it from me"

They came to a stop infront of a small ledge and Jake pointed "What, down there?"

"Mmm-hmm"

Jake looked at Y/n and nodded "I'll go first, just stay behind me" she nodded at him and followed him down onto the marsh area.

Whilst jake kept walking, y/n stopped and looked back to see Worm wink at D, she sighed as she reached forward and grabbed jake pulling him back muttering a quick "Wait a minute"

They both carefully crossed over a small stream, walking over a log. When they both looked back, the boys were pointing ahead again.

"This way?"

They eagerly nodded at Jake's question, so they kept going. Jake was infront of y/n the whole time and when he took another step, his whole bottom half of his left leg fell into a whole full of mud.

Y/n shook her head sighing as she heard the two boys laughing behind them. She pulled her brother up and turned to look at them with a glare.

Jake followed her sight and shook his head "Is this even the way to the children's home?"

The one in the black raincoat pointed forward and over the twins's heads "Right through those trees"

As the twins turned to keep walking, y/n flipped the boys off and watched them leave the pathway to head back to the pub.

Both Jake and Y/n made it across the small marsh area and through the trees the boys from before were on about. But what they saw made them both feel a pit start to form at the bottom of their stomaches : the house was in a complete state of almost ruins.

They sighed as they both made their way back to the pub, careful to watch their step whilst walking across the marsh. And only then did theh realise Jake was missing a shoe. But they ignored it and re-entered the pub.