-17-

Back upstairs in the circus room, Olive stood up and stood above the pool which had Bronwyn in as well as ice still trapping her "Let's get you out" she rested her hand on the ice and started using her peculiarity. It was working until the wighet froze and broke the vines from off him and stood up putting his hand on Olive's shoulder.

Olive whimpered as she felt the cold, she pulled her hand off the ice and put it ontop of the wighet's hand. But her flame went out and the wighet continued to keep his hand on her shoulder, freezing the girl. He pushed Olive to her knees and held both hands on both of her shoulders.

Enoch sat up and rubbed his temple as he looked around the room. He saw what the wighet was doing to Olive and immediately jumped to his feet. The boy rushed over to kneel beside the mechanical elephant and pulled a heart out of his pocket, he stuck his arm into the object and held the heart in place.

Barron crossed his arms as the two girl continued to hold him against the back wall "Eventually, you're going to run out of air and you are going to run out of energy. And it will all be over!" He unfolded his arms causing them to be pushed against the wall "Death for your beloved Y/n, Jake and Miss Peregrine. Everlasting life for me!" He shook his head "Ew! And a mint for you"

Jake rushed to the huge cage the birds were all in which was sitting on the table in the middle of the room. He glanced back at the locked door before trying to open the cage.

Upstairs, back in the circus room, Enoch moved away from the mechanical elephant as it started to open and close it's eyes. The elephant pulled itself to it's feet just as Olive fell to lie on her back, completely frozen.

The elephant stood on it's back legs and stomped down onto the wighet, knocking him to the floor and trampling him.

Miss Edwards who was still sitting up on the trapeze station turned her head to look at the masked twins and Claire when she heard them snickering. The woman used the rope to jump forward to stand on the railing, she sent an arm forward to grab one of the masked twins but Claire turned around and lifted her hair out of the way so her back mouth could bite the wighet's wrist. Miss Edwards pulled her arm back with a shriek. The masked twins took the opportunity to pull their masks away from their faces. Claire knowingly looked away, but the wighet didn't look away in time.

The twins showed their snake like faces and their pupils dilated. They let out a shrill shriek and Miss Edwards pulled her hand back to cover her eyes, but it was too late. The woman started to turn to stone and her grip on the railing obviously loosened, causing her to fall and crash into the chairs down below and smash into pieces.

The twins put their masks back on and all three of the children looked over the railings to see the pieces if rock lie on the floor beneath them.

Bronwyn broke the ice and climbed out of the pool taking in a deep breath. All the children hurried to gather around Olive.

Enoch rushed to kneel beside her "Olive. I'm so sorry Olive, all these years before Y/n came I never appreciated you. I didn't see how lucky I was and eventhough I think I have Y/n I'm lucky to have you. I just. I got so used to having you there, I never realised" he leant down to kiss Olive on the cheek.

When he pulled away to sit back up properly, he looked down at the floor and didn't realise Olive had opened her eyes "You never realised what?"

The boy let out a faint gasp as he looked at her to see she wasn't dead, he grinned as she smiled up at him.

...

Emma let out a gasp as she stopped blowing due to the lack of air, she looked up at Y/n "You have to hold him a little longer"