-14-

Everyone was walking along the beach, Y/n was next to Enoch with the book in one hand and Claire's hand in the other.

Jake was slightly behind everyone with Emma floating. She had rope tied around her waist so she couldn't float away. Jake had the crossbow Emma's shoes in his hands and a strong grip on the rope attached to the blonde.

The pair caught up with everyone and they all stopped moving. Jake pulled Emma back to the ground and she put her shoes back on, removing the rope from around her waist.

Fiona looked up at the twins "I'm sorry guys. What do we do now?"

Jake shook his head "Is there any sign of Barron and Miss Peregrine?"

Olive sighed "Gone, Barron must have had a boat"

Emma looked out to the sea whilst she thought and jake nodded at everyone "We have to go after them, we know he's taking her to blackpool"

Millard sighed "But Plackpool is miles away. The next ferry doesn't go for hours, we'll never make it in time"

"Not unless we go by boat too"

Emma gave everyone a bubble so they could breath underwater and they all swam to stand on the deck of the sunken boat. Emma blew and spun as she did making all the water leave the inside of the boat.

The boat started to rise to the surface and everyone let out breathes and the water around them disappeared and the bubbles over their heads popped.

Olive set fire to all the coal burners to get the boat moving faster. And the boat finally resurfaced.

Everyone made it into the steering room and looked out the windows. Enoch picked up Claire so she could see and Bronwyn lifted up the masked twins so they could see.

...

Jake pointed to the map "So there's a loop in Blackpool, it's only six months old. January the 11th, 2016. With Miss Avocet gone, it can't be reset, won't the loop close?"

Jake looked at Emma confused and the girl nodded "Then it's back to real time. Jake you know what this means don't you?"

Jake nodded "You're gonna die"

Emma shook her head "That's not what I meant. We have to get to our own time but you and Y/n don't" she gestured towards the closed doors "You can continue to live in 2016"

Jake shook his head "But why would me and Y/n do that?"

"If we kill Barron, he'll be gone but time will carry on. He won't go to Florida...Abe won't die and you both can go home"

"Me and Y/n could see our grandpa. Listen I can explain everything to them, I can persuade them to take me and Y/n to the Island and...wait will you still be there?"

Emma shook her head "Our old loop's gone for good, none of us would see eachother again"

"I thought you wanted me to stay"

"I know you'll choose Abe. If I minded I wouldn't have told you"

The two moved closer to eachother, about to have a moment but they quickly jumped apart when the doors were pushed open.

Y/n stood there with a smirk, silently teasing her blushing brother.

"So have you found Miss Avocet's loop on the map yet?"

Jake and Emma both grabbed the map and walked over to everyone else "It's here but it's new, she made it early this year. That's mine and Y/n's year, if we don't get out before it closes we're stick in January 2016"