17

"There is no room for error." Sensei Wu told us as the 5 of us trained on the Bounty deck the next day. " The Serpentine have shown that they have great powers, and to combat them, you must turn their greatest strengths into their greatest weaknesses. Kai, how will you defeat the Hypnobrai?" Wu asked the hothead. Kai put on a blindfold. " Their hypnotizing powers are useless if their opponent can fight without relying on his eyes." He smirked. " Good, Jay, the Fangpyre is fast and his bite sharp." Wu looked at the electric teen. "But if he can't bite through your skin" Jay tapped his nunchucks on the armor on his arm, "he can't turn you into one of them.

"Yes. Cole, the Constrictai are strong." Wu tapped the strong boy in a net." And they will not let go." "But instead of fighting back, one must try to loosen up." Cole managed to wiggle out of the net. "And a little soft shoe doesn't hurt." He smiled. "Zane, the venom of the Venomari can make you see things. Cloud your perception." Wu looked at the icy robot. "  Then I will use my new Falcon Vision." Zane activated said ability to show his point. " And (Y/n), most likely Pythor would be looking to get rid of you after what happened yesterday." Wu looked at me. " I figured out his weakness." I took a picture of everyone training, " Flash!" I smiled. 

"Very good. I have trained you well. You are all ready." Wu told us. I was nervous. "What about you, Sensei? Will you fight? We need all the help we can get." Kai questioned. "My concern is that my old bones cannot keep up, but I will be there in spirit," Wu told him. I had doubts about his sentence. " We're arriving at the Moutain of a Million Steps. You all might want to see this." Nya told us over the intercom. 

We looked over the edge of the ship as Jay mentioned something about dirt. All I could see was the mountain looked like a large serpent. "Wonder what those snakes are up to." Kai questioned as small steps ran down the latter. " Wait for me!" Lloyd called out. "This is not your fight. The Green Ninja is too important for a future destiny. You shall stay with me." Wu told his nephew who pouted. " Well, he's gonna have to look after himself, because we made room for you." Nya said, arriving in her mech. She pointed at a seat that was added onto it. 

"Well, you said you were concerned that you couldn't keep up, so Jay and Nya rejiggered the design so you could come along. Well, what do you think?" Kai smiled. "I think...shotgun! Haha!" Wu jumped on. I glanced back, worried about Lloyd. " I will stay back with Lloyd." Garmadon walked into view. That made me feel better that someone was gonna stay with him. "I don't enjoy saying this but...good luck." Garmadon looked at all of us. I smiled at him and he only looked away.

"I thought you said this place would be heavily guarded, Zane," Jay spoke in a whisper after we climbed down a rope. " Forgive me. Even Nindroids make mistakes." Zane whispered back. We noticed cravings on the wall. "Hey, check this out." Cole said. Jay, Kai, and Cole all thought it was themselves. Cole went to rub it but he ended up opening a secret doorway. "Uh, I meant to do that." Cole said as we went inside and entered the inner sanctum where all the serpents were.

"So, what happens when the Great Devourer is unleashed? Will it really consume everything?" Fangtom hissed. " I hope ssssso, if only to teach the surface dwellerss a lesson for locking us underground for so many yearssss." Skalidor read in venegence. "Who knows if the legend is even true? I for one am curioussss to see what happenssss." Acidicus smiled. Skales approached the three, "Keep alert, Pythor should be back ssssoon." "There's too many to deal with at once. I say we travel by shadow." Kai suggested. " Right behind you" Nya said. " And Ill be right behind you" Wu snuck in a joke. I just kept staring at the serpents.

Transferring files.