Chapter 5

V: You got more little hearts princey

V: Princey?

V: Oh right you’re driving. Talk to you soon

The entire ride Patton had been doodling little hearts near Roman’s more finished pieces. He tried to ignore the twin’s bickering and the writing from the purple writing. He was still very anxious to say anything to them just yet. However, his thoughts were quickly interrupted by being picked up once more.

Patton yelped in surprise and quickly latched onto the twin that picked him up. He huffed at both twin’s laughter. “That’s not funny.”
“It is a little funny,” Roman teased a little as he walked them both inside, “again Remus has your stuff, aside from the notebook that is.”

Patton blushed a little at the teasing tone of his notebook, “yeah..”
“Do your soulmates know?”

“No, not yet,” Patton answered honestly.

“You should probably tell them.”
“I will.”
“Good. I’ll set you down in bed then get you some ice and medication for your ankle. When mama gets home I’ll have her check out your ankle just in case. Good?”
“Yeah. That’s wonderful. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome!” Roman flourished before setting Patton down on what would become his bed, “I’ll be right back! Make sure to tell your soulmates!” He yelled while leaving the room.

Patton sighed softly and watched the current ink, waiting for a response from Roman to appear.

Ro: I just saw! Yeah I was driving me, my brother, and my new friend home. I’m getting them an icepack at the moment

V: Ice pack?

Ro: Yeah, looks like a sprained ankle. Dunno where they got it from tho which is worrying. Going to get mom to check it out later

V: Damn. Hopefully it’ll be alright

Ro: I’m sure it will be. I just want to know more about our mystery third and when I could find out where you’re goin

V: When they’re ready they’ll talk to us and I’ll get there when I get there and I can’t tell ya that princey. You gotta guess

Ro: Dumb rules. Homophobic if you ask me

V: Pretty sure it’s the same rules for everyone

Ro: Still homophobic

V: Whatever you say. You go take care of your guest. I’m not going anywhere

Ro: Will do! Will also keep you updated!

V: You better. Ttyl princey

Their conversation ended with a small red heart. Patton smiled at the small red heart just as Roman walked in.

“Sorry for taking so long. Didn’t want to worry my soulmate anymore than I already had,” Roman explained before moving to help elevate Patton’s ankle and set the ice carefully ontop of the ankle.

“It’s okay. I completely understand,” Patton’s tone took a fond note as he held his book close before his fond smile dropped to something sadder.

“You didn’t talk to them did you?” 

“No… I never had…”
“Why?”
“Just… family,” Patton’s shoulders dropped some as his grip tightened.

“Well I don’t think that should stop you now. They’re probably very worried about you.”
“If they think I exist.”
“I’m sure they do. At least attempt? Even if it’s a simple hi?”
“Can I just doodle instead?”
“Sure! Just try it. I have to go do a few things. You’ll be okay here?”
“Yeah. Thanks Ro.”
“You’re welcome! I’ll check on you soon!” Roman smiled at him before leaving him alone once more.

Patton took a deep breath but flipped to the back. The blank page glared at him but with another deep breath he doodled a small paw print.

Pat: Hi