Part 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

First of all oh my God! The comments on the last chapter were crazy. I pretty much wrote this story for myself, thinking no one would read it. So thank you so much for everything. 

It took me a long time to write this chapter and then I had to break it up because it got extremely long. I am posting first part now. When I think enough people read this part, I will post the second part which is almost done.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am not insecure, I am just pissed. She had nothing to be insecure of, Teja reminded herself for the second time. 

"You know they were planning to get married right?" Teja overheard one of the women say. 

"No way! Really?" Another asked. 

"Yeah! They were very serious. If she hadn't dumped him they definitely would have been married now."

Some sort of laugh escaped Teja's lips before she stopped herself. These women could not be serious. Were they honestly pretending they can't see her standing some feet away? Did women in their 30s and 40s really behave like a bunch of immature, gossiping school girls at a party.

Nishant rolled his eyes as he grabbed Teja's hand to lead her away but she remained glued to her spot. She found herself in the mood to hear the garbage they were spewing — she did not want to give them the satisfaction of thinking they got under her skin.

"He should have made up with her," one of the women commented sadly. Teja had the urge to go hug her dramatically and give her some fake sympathy for her broken heart. She reminded herself she is at a party where people would love such tamasha. She was not going to give it to them. 

"Oh he wanted to. Didn't you see Bigg Boss? He said many times that he should've gone and spoken to her to fix things, then things would have been solved." She sighed. "What can be done about it now? It's too late."

"They do look very good together." Another commented. 

Teja suddenly turned to face them with her biggest endorsement smile. For a moment they all seemed stunned which quickly turned into unease and embarrassment. 

"I think my husband looks very good with me. The best actually! In fact, the whole world seems to think that. Don't they Nishant?" Teja asked in a chirpy tone.

Nishant looked at Teja and then the small crowd of four ladies, he couldn't help but burst into a loud laugh. He was pretty sure one of those ladies was married to some director, another ran one of those so called news websites. They would pay for this later. Right now he just wanted a good laugh.

Before Nishant could reply, the group of ladies walked away, each of them displaying their embarrassment in a different way. One whispered that she didn't know they were married.

"Tu theek hai?" Nishant asked Teja. 

Her eyes were still on the group, now on the other side of the room. She shrugged her shoulders, not quite sure. She rarely felt okay these days. Some hours she was very extremely happy, other times sad, she also got angry a lot quicker. Her doctor had said it is nothing to worry about, such things happen at the early months of pregnancy.

"Babz will you drop me home?" Teja asked. She knew she could ask Parvez, he would drop her home and could come back for Karan later. Karan wouldn't mind even if he had to wait. She just didn't want to be around Parvez right now. She was worried she would cry and like a loyal brother, Parvez would report it to Karan.