Part 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

I am sorry I took so long! I am sorry!!! I have so many people I need to thank. Anyone who still reads this and tells me about it. My DL GC, my CL gc. Thank you for everything. But two people I especially need to mention, Riddhi and my Meds. This wouldn't have been written without you guys. I love you guys. 

Please forgive me for any typos or grammatical errors. I will proof read it later. I need to sleep now. It's 3:30 am! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tejasswi's phone vibrated on the nightstand, the noise startling her. She grabbed it quickly to silence it. Looking at the caller, she rejected the call with a quick default message of "Can I call you later?"

She turned to look at Karan and realized the noise had already ruined his nap. 

"Hi babe" She softly whispered. "Go back to sleep."

Karan rubbed his eyes trying to wake himself up further. He attempted to give her his best smile but the fatigue prevented it from being one of those, or even close to one of those. The warm, sad sympathetic smile on Teju's face told him she knew what he had intended. 

Her phone lit up with a message and she quickly glanced at it. 

"Kiska hai? Call if you need to. I am not going back to sleep right now." He sat up wincing and leaned against the headboard. "So tired of sleeping".

"It's nothing important. Just Adaa's message." She replied to it and put the phone away. "Are you hungry? Should I order something?" Teja asked, giving her best attempt to sound excited — but Karan knew the reality.

Karan had planned this Goa trip quite well for a trip that was planned so suddenly, within a span of an hour or less. He had booked the hotel where they had first stayed after getting out of the BiggBoss house. He had planned enough roses to fill the room, cakes, and champagne at arrival. Omi had found him a list of some of the best restaurants to try. Karan had made a list of things they would do while here. Some of those things they had done once before, and they were going to revisit. Like taking a yacht out and spending the day in the beautiful water. They had done this for Teju's birthday once and it was one of their best memories. After the last few weeks, Karan wanted to revisit some of those memories with her. When things feel down he wanted those memories to be as fresh and vivid in her mind as they were in his. 

Other things on his list were new. He wanted to explore Goa on a bike with her. Do little hikes to one of the waterfalls. Visit some of the historical places they never had time to explore in the past during their short work trips. Unfortunately none of that will happen. Karan groaned internally. Or most will not happen. They had one good day since they arrived in Goa. The last three days Karan had spent in bed, sick like a dog. He had caught some sort of a stomach virus that had not only brought the usual symptoms, but also terrible headaches and body aches as well. Teju had blamed herself for this. She said it must have been one of the places she had asked him to stop at for food during their drive to Goa. He tried to tell her it could have been anything. It could have been something he ate while still at Mumbai but she seemed adamant about feeling guilty for his state. She also felt luck must not be on their side these days. As soon as Teju felt better, Karan fell sick. If Karan was not so exhausted he would be furious at his whole situation.