part 1!

i scan the room to find a seat in the filled lecture hall. so many people are here, i feel a little overwhelmed. i decide to slip into the middle row, pretty filled up but i can see a seat or two that's free. i squeeze through and sit at the closest vacant seat. i drop my binder filled with my books, and my pencil case and sigh. i definitely feel as if my supplies wont stay together and organised for very long. i tap my foot out of nervousness and glance around the room, i guess i was doing it too obnoxiously because my person sitting next to me noticed.
"nervous?" the guy said.
"oh, yes haha." i replied.
"don't stress, it's normal."
"yeah, hopefully i'll ease into things."
we sat in silence after the short conversation ended for about 10 seconds.
"oh! by the way, my names michael."
i smile, "nice to meet you michael, i'm y/n."
"what a pretty name." he spoke softly.
"oh god, it's nothing too special." i said, blushing.
he just smiled at me as the professor begun the lesson.
"good morning students and welcome to the introduction of psychology. i'm professor reid, but just call me sir, i don't really mind." he spoke loudly across the hall.
he just started talking about himself, and nothing about the topic of psychology. i wanted to keep talking to michael, he seems so good to talk to. i didn't really pay attention for the rest of the lesson, it was all irrelevant anyways, i heard the bell ring, packed up my things and left. i had my head down in my phone texting my sister about how my first class went until i felt a hand on my shoulder.
"y/n, hey." michael spoke, towering over the back of me.
"oh gosh, you scared me." i replied to him.
"sorry dear, i just wanted to ask for your number or something?"
"oh?" i spoke in shock, i froze.
"it's fine if you dont wanna.." he said, scratching the back of his neck.
"oh no no, of course here!"
i showed him my number as he typed it into his phone and saved me as a contact.
"well, i'll see you around."
"bye michael!"
i walked off with a stupid smile on my face, blushing. maybe he just wants to he friends, i shouldn't get my hopes up.

~time skip : 1 hour~
i finally arrived back at my apartment complex, the traffic was hectic. i climbed out my car and pressed the lock button in my key and heard the key lock, and walked off into the building. i walk up to the elevator and scan my resident card and saw the little scanner go green, and the doors opened. i whipped my phone out and scrolled through my phone, i tried to ignore the thought of me hoping that michael had texted. i pressed on the text notification my sister, freya, had sent me while i was driving.
the text read: 'im so proud that you're finally in university, and doing psychology! miss you xx'
my sister is one of my favourite people ever, we bonded so much growing up and barely fought, except for the one time her boyfriend cheated on her when she was 17 and i said, 'maybe he found someone prettier.' it definitely came out wrong.
i hear the elevator ding, and i walk out and down the hall, getting closer and closer to my door. i unlock my door with my key card and push it open with my hip, my hands being occupied with a binder, phone, water bottle and pencil case. i chuck my things on the bench. i begin walking away until i hear a ding on my phone, absolutely forgetting the conversation i had with michael. so i walk over getting ready to reply to freya. my eyes widen as i see its from michael.
'hey y/n, are you busy?'
i grin, and begin typing.
'hey!! no not busy at all! whats up?'
...no, too enthusiastic.
'hey, nah i'm not.'
...too dry.
'hey michael, no i'm not busy, what's up?'
i pressed send and saw the little typing picture straight away.
'just wondering if you wanted to go get coffee?'
oh wow, okay michael, if you say so.
'yes sure, where at?'
'where ever, you choose. ;)'
—————
aaaaa 731 words.
a little short bahaha sorry.
COMMENT SUGGESTIONS PLSS!
:D