part 6.

"okay, then it's settled." i say to michael, grinning.
"will we order it? i can pay if you like." he says, pulling out his phone.
"well, i was thinking, we could make it." i suggest to him.
he just stares at me and laugh, "y/n, i really didn't see you as someone who knows how to cook."
"wow, that's rude! i take offence to that." i say, jokingly.
"well, can you cook?"
"of course i can! my mum used to make sushi for me when i was a teen and i would help her."
"i still think this is gonna turn out like complete shit."
"whatever, just wait and see."
-
i find the difference ingredients in my fridge and pantry, and carelessly put them on my bench, as mike just sits on a bench stool. i turn to see him in a stare just looking at me. i smile and let it slide. he's so adorable.
"well i'm gonna start, i guess you can watch?" i tell him.
he looks and me and smiles and nods. i begin boiling the rice, and i lay out the seaweed sheets on the rolling mat, all prepared and ready to go. i get my raw salmon (or any filling), and slice it up, put it on a plate and put it into the fridge so it doesn't go hot. once the rice is all ready, i add the rice vinegar in and give it all a mix. i begin by spreading the rice onto the seaweed. i'm interrupted by warmth along my back.
"can you teach me? i don't want to just sit and watch." he says softly, while placing his head into the crook of my neck.
"of course, come here." i tell him politely, gesturing him to come next to me.
but, the doesn't move, he stays standing very closely behind me, and reaches his arms around me and takes the spoon off of me and spreads the rice.
"that was easy, i dont know why you told me to sit and watch." mike says laughing softly.
"my bad, i just thought you wouldn't be a very good cook either." i say mocking him, and emphasising the either.
"shut up, asswipe." he says from behind me.
i elbow his stomach, and we both laugh.
we both finished off the first roll, and i place it on a plate.
"now you try." i tell him, looking up at him.
"are you sure?"
"yes, c'mon!"
he smiles down at me, and pushes me jokingly aside. he scoops a spoon-full of rice and plops it onto the seaweed sheet. he begins spreading it out evenly with the backside of the spoon until it was all even. he then put the filling on-top of the rice. he stood there, puzzled.
"y/n.."
"yes? is everything okay?"
"can you help me roll it?" he asks, blushing.
"of course, let me show you."
i stood beside him and put my hands on top of his, so he could still roll it. i guide his hands like he is a puppet, until it is fully rolled.
"there we go, look how well you did, mike!" i tell him playfully.
"you helped me do it, so you mainly did it."
i look at him with a grin, and he laughs.
-
a couple sushi rolls later, i begin packing up and i let them cool down in the fridge.
"let me help, dear." mike offers.
"no, it's okay. go sit on the couch and wait for me!"
obviously, he doesn't listen and begins picking up things and washing them up.
"you're very sweet, you know." i say, touching his arm.
"i never really was when i was a teen though, i'd swear and pretty much treated everyone like complete shit."
"how come? what made you change?"
"well i realised, it was just a teenage phase i guess you could call it. i would look down onto everyone like they were a piece of dogshit. but once i was coming close to graduating high school, i knew i wasn't going to last long in the real world, so i promised myself to change, and i guess it worked." mike explains, staring at the floor, then glancing up at me every so often.
"well mike, i think you have a beautiful nature. i'm really proud of you." i say truthfully, glaring into his eyes.
he thanks me, and we go sit on the couch , ready to eat.
i turn on my speaker and connect my phone.
"what kind of music do you like mike?"
he thinks, "hm well, i really like 80s music, what about you dear?"
"fuck well, i like a bit of everything, but my favourite band is cage the elephant."
i press play on my playlist, but turn the volume low.
"so really, tell me about yourself. i want to have a real deep conversation with you, mike." i say, taking a bite of my sushi.
"well, i dont know. i was born in britain, i'm british if you haven't picked up. i moved here when i was around 10. i guess i haven't really picked up very much of an accent since i've been here so i've stayed british. high school was my peak, i was popular, i played sports, i was a complete dick though, which i hate. not to sound cocky or anything, but girls loved me. but i have never fallen in love before, i've had girlfriends before. all throughout highschool, i had three. one in freshman year, her name was chloe. a real girly girl. she liked to present herself well and had a lot of self respect. she always looked nice and always dressed herself up. we lasted about 8 months until she moved away to europe. i was upset, but i wasn't absolutely heart shattered about it. i just accepted the fact that i would have to move on. my second was in sophomore year, her name was karis. she was nice, pretty. she did track, a fitness freak and she was always working out. she was always so self determined. we ended because we just had a fall out, we were friends for a while after, then i never saw her again. and last one was senior year, florence. i liked her the most, i was so close to actually falling in love with her. she was, fuck, beautiful. i remember her so vividly but so vaguely. it wasn't even that long ago though, probably ended about 11 months ago. she was amazing, so down to earth, so sweet. but, she cheated on me. which never in a million years i thought would happen. i was pretty heart broken. but it's fine, i'm well over her now. what about you, y/n?"
"well, i was born on (your birthday!). my childhood was a blur, i don't remember much. i just remember high school. my favourite subjects were english and p.e, and i was best at them. i had plenty of friends, i loved every one of them. i was in a group of 4 girls and 3 boys and we we're pretty popular. i never dated anyone in high school though, i've never been in love. i just loved my friend group. i still keep in touch with them all. we're in a group chat and we catch up every so often. i played sports in high school, i love sport. um, outside of school, i loved travelling. we travelled quite a bit. i've been to indonesia three times, fiji twice, and europe once, i went to scotland, england, france and italy (true story 😎). that's probably all i have to tell you!"
"that's so interesting, i wish we travelled. we would go to the snow every year but i got sick of it so quickly."
"i've never been to the snow." i laugh.
he laughs alone with me, and we keep talking for a while.
-
1327 words!
AH I LOVE THIS CHAPTER. more suggestions please guys!
also, add my discord! i'd love to talk to you all! evie#7728
also! i'd like to think michael sounds like the person from the one and only line from double bass by gorillaz. IDK IT JUST SUITS HIM.
ANYWAYS THANKS FOR THE READS GUYS!! XXX