Chapter 4: The question

ANOTHER DAY HAD passed since the capture of Bakugo. The heroes police, anyone that could, was out looking for Bakugo. U.A was still being attacked and reprimanded for letting one of their students get taken.

Y/n could only sit and watch until Shigaraki told them their next move. He was on his way to school as usual, texting a friend before bumping into someone. He fell to the ground before looking up. A boy with spiky red hair and eyes was looking down at him. He had what looked to be sharp teeth and looked like he was in a rush. He helped Y/n up before giving him a thanks and rushed off.

Y/n was confused because he could've sworn he saw that boy somewhere before..He simply shrugged and continued his walk, this time paying attention to where he was going.

He reached his desired location and went inside the building. As always a few eyes were on him as he walked down the hallway before making it to his class and sitting down. He was currently in English. One of his better classes.

"Alright everyone, today we're going to be looking at your speeches as to why you would make a good hero!" Y/n scowled.

"Well to be a good hero, wouldn't you need to go to a good school like U.A?"

"Are you seriously going to go there? It's like you wanna get jumped by villains."

"Yeah, that schools nothing but trouble."

"I feel bad for the kid's parents. They must be worried sick."

"Honestly I'd rather go to Shiketsu."

"Yeah! That place has little to no problems at all!"

"Yeah, but we still can't forget that even if it's dangerous, U.A is still the best hero out there."

Y/n was getting bored of hearing everyone talking. Going on and on about how they wanted to be heroes. "I wanna be a hero too! Just like best jeanist!"

*

*

*

Y/n wondered why it had gone silent before people began to laugh. "You serious?! How do you expect to be a hero if you're quirkless!"

"The best you could do is run around and-"

The room went cold at a fast pace as eyes flew to the boy at the back of the room, his bangs covering his. "Are you... kidding me?" He muttered as he snapped his pen.

Everyone felt a shiver run down their spines. "You guys talk so much about how you want to be heroes, yet you pull someone down cause they're quirkless?"

"Y/n... You gotta understand that—"

"Understand what? There's been multiple serial killers and villains that were quirkless. The same thing could go with heroes too. Heroes and villains are pretty much the same except their total opposites. Hey sir, like how I used an oxymoron?"

"Villains are evil!"

"Ok? Have you ever wondered why they go out and do what they do?"

"For fun?"

"Are you kidding me?! People are villains because they've been forced into a corner where they thought nothing good could come out of theirselves. No one there to help them. No one even sparing them a glance— people they care about. Gone. They do what they do, as an act of revenge, or to get what they want because they have no other way of doing it."

"I don't get it, why are you defending villains."

The room temperature dropped significantly again. "I... had a friend once." Y/n began. "He lost everything. His home his family, he even watched a family member get murdered before his eyes at such a young age. No one wanted to help him, absolutely no one. He told me, he swore to me, when he found the people who had hurt him, he would make them go through hell. Luckily, he was caught."