The Show

Shadow wrapped his arms around Joe’s chest. Langa moved in front of the green haired singer. He pushed him back. Reki moved closer. “Let it go, man.” Reki hissed. They dragged their singer away. No one said anything as they left the skate scene.

Joe, mild mannered, good natured, easy going, Joe, had punched someone. Reki glanced over at him. His usual smile was gone. “Who was that guy?” Reki called as the wind whipped around them.

“Someone I used to know.” Joe hissed back. He left them to go to his own place for the night. It was mid morning when Kojiro woke again. He sat on the side of his bed. His hand was slightly swollen. Why had he punched Adam? Was it because Cherry was there? Was it because of the other night? Kojiro felt like his night as the pink haired vixen’s lover was fading into the realm of mystery.

Joe got up. He showered tossed on some clothes and made himself breakfast. After he cleaned up, he went to his second bedroom. He sank down in the stiff office chair. Picking up his old acoustic guitar, he strummed out a few notes. Turning it, he got it to where it sounded decent.

He began to play around. His thoughts drifting around that night. Fucking Ainosuke. He loved to fuck with Kaoru’s head. Kaoru just took it. Like why? It was a shitty thing he kept doing. Joe set the guitar down. He pulled out a pad of paper.

Before he knew it he had penned a few songs. A smile came on his face. These were good. He thought. He slipped them into a folder. It was almost time to go get the others. Joe went to the hotel. They had a ritual. He made pre show foods. They sat around talking about the upcoming gig.

“Tonight needs to be off the chain!” Joe cried. He played them the new songs. Langa also had written a couple songs.

“It’s almost like a story.” Reki stated.

“Hey, we only have like four more shows after this. How about we go home and hit the studio?” Shadow offered. This was met with thunderous cheers from the others.

They drove on the bus to their gig. The crowd was gathered around. They each leaned out a window to wave to them. Joe cheered for a few of the fans that had their skateboards. He loved watching people do tricks. They got inside. Once in the dressing room they each did their own thing to get ready. They did their sound checks and instrument tune up.

About an hour before the show was to start they held a meet and greet with fans who had purchased the over priced backstage tickets.

Joe always had a crowd of girls around him. There was a scattering of guys that braved meeting him at every show. Tonight it was unreal. A horrid of screaming females greeted him. He laughed, took pictures, signed just about anything you could think of, including one girls chest. Then he saw it. It was just a glimpse from the corner of his eye. A flash of cotton candy pink. Joe turned.

There standing near the back by the door was Kaoru. Joe smiled he was about to walk over to him when an arm came out from the open door. The sliver suited sleeve emerged into Ainosuke Shindo. He leaned down to whisper into Kaoru’s ear. The man stood with his arms folded over his thin chest. Ainosuke looked up through his lashes at Joe. Joe huffed.

He stormed from the room. As he passed Kaoru he snorted. “Just what was the other night to you, Kaoru?” he was gone before the pink haired man could answer.

Joe changed. He had been about to just go out on stage with his usual tee shirt and jeans. Tonight, though, he decided to be just a bit more sadistic than that. The green shirt Kaoru had kidnapped all those years ago, was in his dressing room. He flung the orange one off. The green one came down over his head.

It was tight. He had a few less muscles the last time he wore it. Looking in the mirror he smiled. The green material clung to his biceps, making them look bigger than ever. It was tight, out lining his defined pecs. It scooped down along the v of his stomach. It didn’t quite reach the waist of his pants. It hugged his abdomen nicely. He smirked. He was pretty sure it would rip at some point tonight.